Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Target Management » How to export project files to remote server without creating root project directory?
How to export project files to remote server without creating root project directory? [message #1371389] Wed, 21 May 2014 10:55 Go to next message
Vincas Dargis is currently offline Vincas DargisFriend
Hello,

I am trying to setup Eclipse (Kepler SR2) to work with web-based projects (PHP, HTML, JavaScript). using Web Development Tools, PHP Development Tools and Remote System Explorer, as alternative to Aptana (because of it's bundeled PyDev version lag).

Now, when I want to start syncing local files to web server, I select "Export from project.." option in "Remote System Explorer" Perspective on remote target directory, check Review/Sync option, and in result, after "Put" action in "Team Synchronizing" perspective I get in result that all selected files are exported into subdirectory named "My Project Name".

As specific example, I've got project with some subdirs (It's for custom Drupal modules which has to be uploaded into specific website subdirectory):

-"My Drupal Modules" (Project in "Project Explorer").
 -sites
   -modules
    -my_custom_module_1
    -my_custom_module_2

If I select "sites" in remote server and click "Export from project" sub menu item, result is like this:
-somewhere-in-web-server
 -sites
  -"My Drupal Modules" <--- this is wrong
   -sites
     -my_custom_module_1
     -my_custom_module_2
   -modules 
    -my_custom_module_1 <-- not overwritten by my local updated copies
    -my_custom_module_2 <-- not overwritten by my local updated copies

It's the same if I "Export from project" into root website directory, "My Drupal Modules" project folder is always created.

Is it possible to overcome this? Or am I doing whole synchronizing in the wrong way?
Re: How to export project files to remote server without creating root project directory? [message #1385070 is a reply to message #1371389] Wed, 04 June 2014 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vincas Dargis is currently offline Vincas DargisFriend
Bump,

anyone..?
Re: How to export project files to remote server without creating root project directory? [message #1446213 is a reply to message #1371389] Thu, 16 October 2014 14:04 Go to previous message
Michał Chwedkowski is currently offline Michał ChwedkowskiFriend
Same problem here, have You solve it?
Previous Topic:"Invalid password or user ID" when connecting to daemon in AIX (Kerberos)
Next Topic:Synchronization error for project *: Invalid packet line header - EGit/RSE bug?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 12:37:54 GMT 2024