Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Using libraries and import statement(import library)
Using libraries and import statement [message #1365884] Mon, 19 May 2014 04:34 Go to next message
Kurt Fisher is currently offline Kurt FisherFriend
I am trying to use an existing Java code library at U.S. NIST - a library that supports numerical analysis:

math.nist.gov /javanumerics /jama/

I have imported the jama library into my project, but no matter what I do, I cannot get a test class to recognize the "Jama" object and its classes. If I add expressly add the Jama library to the project search directories, then Eclipse claims there are compilation errors in the library and will not run it.

On the other hand, I can easily compile and run a test program from java command line.

I am unclear what I am doing wrong to get an import command to work under Eclipse.

Windows 7, JRE8, current Eclipse.

Any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks - Kurt
Re: Using libraries and import statement [message #1367530 is a reply to message #1365884] Mon, 19 May 2014 20:46 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

If I wanted to reproduce the exact problem you've run into, what steps would I follow? Are you using a Java Project created using the New Java Project Wizard? When you mention adding it the library tot he "project search directories", what does that mean?

Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:Void is an invalid type for the variable createMainMenu - please help!
Next Topic:GWT Plugin - Tried Everything
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Oct 25 20:28:09 GMT 2020