Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Using libraries and import statement(import library)
Using libraries and import statement [message #1365884] Mon, 19 May 2014 04:34 Go to next message
Kurt Fisher is currently offline Kurt FisherFriend
I am trying to use an existing Java code library at U.S. NIST - a library that supports numerical analysis:

math.nist.gov /javanumerics /jama/

I have imported the jama library into my project, but no matter what I do, I cannot get a test class to recognize the "Jama" object and its classes. If I add expressly add the Jama library to the project search directories, then Eclipse claims there are compilation errors in the library and will not run it.

On the other hand, I can easily compile and run a test program from java command line.

I am unclear what I am doing wrong to get an import command to work under Eclipse.

Windows 7, JRE8, current Eclipse.

Any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks - Kurt
Re: Using libraries and import statement [message #1367530 is a reply to message #1365884] Mon, 19 May 2014 20:46 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

If I wanted to reproduce the exact problem you've run into, what steps would I follow? Are you using a Java Project created using the New Java Project Wizard? When you mention adding it the library tot he "project search directories", what does that mean?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:Void is an invalid type for the variable createMainMenu - please help!
Next Topic:GWT Plugin - Tried Everything
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 02:25:17 GMT 2024