Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Alf verifier or validator
Alf verifier or validator [message #1362673] Sat, 17 May 2014 19:33 Go to next message
John Smith is currently offline John SmithFriend
Dear All,

Is there any way to programmatically execute the Alf syntax verifier on a specified .alf file (resource)?

I need to do formal model transformation from an .alf file, and I have to make sure, that the .alf file was syntactically valid.

Moreover, is there a way to execute the verifier, and receive a boolean value, indicating that the specified .alf file was syntactically valid?

Thank you for your help in advance!

Best regards,
John

[Updated on: Sun, 18 May 2014 13:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Alf verifier or validator [message #1364255 is a reply to message #1362673] Sun, 18 May 2014 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have found the org.eclipse.papyrus.uml.alf.validation.AlfJavaValidator class which may be responsible for the syntax validation. (Source: http://git.eclipse.org/c/papyrus/org.eclipse.papyrus.git/plain/plugins/uml/alf/org.eclipse.papyrus.uml.alf/src/org/eclipse/papyrus/uml/alf/validation/AlfJavaValidator.java)

How can I access that class? Which Eclipse Papyrus Alf plug-in contains it?
Moreover, which plug-ins contain those classes, that AlfJavaValidator requires?

Edit: I have found the answer: org.eclipse.papyrus.uml.alf containts that class, that is in the Papyrus UML (Incubation) project.

Question: As far as I have seen, the AlfJavaValidator does not check the syntax of the statements. For instance, if I write

let a^someting : Integer = 0

then the syntax highlighter marks the line, as it is incorrect, because of the ^ character. How can I reach that class or method that is responsible for this syntax check?

Thank you for your help!

Best regards,
John

[Updated on: Sun, 18 May 2014 13:59]

Re: Alf verifier or validator [message #1366694 is a reply to message #1364255] Mon, 19 May 2014 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Solution:

Resource original = (org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.Resource) resource;
if(original.getErrors().size() != 0 || original.getWarnings().size() != 0 || Diagnostician.INSTANCE.validate(resource.getContents().get(0)).getSeverity() != Diagnostic.OK){
 // input invalid
} else {
 // input valid
}

[Updated on: Mon, 19 May 2014 12:34]

Re: Alf verifier or validator [message #1403318 is a reply to message #1366694] Tue, 22 July 2014 22:21 Go to previous message
cyril dufrechou is currently offline cyril dufrechouFriend
Hi,
Can you tell me how to install the ALF verifier and if it's applicable to PAPYRUS IDE?
Regards
Cyril
Previous Topic:Requirements management in PAPYRUS
Next Topic:Something strange with specialization
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:54:37 GMT 2024