Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » Map component with Draw2D
Map component with Draw2D [message #236537] Tue, 03 July 2007 08:42
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: johan.geodan.nl

Hello,

Inside my application i want to use a map component which has a raster image a background (from a WMS server for example) and some feature (likes Points of Interest) rendered on top. Now the process is done on the server and send back as an image, but the locations of the features are known on the client. So client rendering of these features which give a better performance.

I looked at Draw2D and GEF. Because i don't need an editor at this moment i want to implement the map component with the draw2d library.

I can draw rectangles on a canvas with a lightweightsystem, but i have some problems when i want to use some kind of coordinate system. The background image can be huge so this one should be retrieved in parts according to the extent of the map visible to the user. The features should only be rendered when the are inside the extent and should be rendered on the right place corresponding to the background map. This means that the upper left corner is not the 0,0 position.

Does somebody have a good example how to deal with a coordinate system? I use the XYLayout but i don't know if this is the right layoutmanager which i should use. Hopefully you can give me some clues how to implement this map component.
Previous Topic:problem with checkbox and text
Next Topic:Change mouse image on mouse-over
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 10:50:04 GMT 2024