Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Strange behaviour of set breakpoint when using xdebug(Can't set breakpoints when using xdebug.)
Strange behaviour of set breakpoint when using xdebug [message #1353134] Tue, 13 May 2014 19:53 Go to next message
Alan Chandler is currently offline Alan ChandlerFriend
I am really struggling to debug an application with xdebug.

I am runnign nginx with php5-fpm. And I have set the debugging environment up so that it starts the first file and stops (breaks) on the first line of the file

The local url at the server level is http://apps.home with a document root at /home/alan/dev/test-base

The application I am testing is called football and is in an eclipse project called Football at
/home/alan/dev/football, but the actual web base for this application is at
/home/alan/dev/football/app

The file is at /home/alan/dev/football/app/index.php

I have configured the default php server to the http://apps.home with its document root at /home/alan/dev/test-base

I have added a path mapping for /football, and have tried both a filesystem path (as above) or a project path /Football/app

I have created a debug configuration with file at /Football/app/index.php
I can't autogenerate the url because it gets it wrong, so I manually edited it to be /football/index.php

I start to debug this configuration with a breakpoint set on a line within index.php.

looking at the xdebug log (set using the xdebug.remote_log facility) then the command to start debuging refers to the file as

fileuri="file:///home/alan/dev/football/app/index.php"

and all the responses related to single stepping, and getting stack etc refer to the same file.

BUT - when Eclipse calls it to set a break point it is using

breakpoint_set -i 774 -t line -f file:///football/index.php -n 35

That is it seems to be using the url related address.

Needless to say xdebug is not stopping on any breakpoints.

I have to assume that many people can make breakpoints work - so what am I doing wrong?
Re: [SOLVED] Strange behaviour of set breakpoint when using xdebug [message #1353176 is a reply to message #1353134] Tue, 13 May 2014 20:16 Go to previous message
Alan Chandler is currently offline Alan ChandlerFriend
Alan Chandler wrote on Tue, 13 May 2014 15:53
I am really struggling to debug an application with xdebug.

I have added a path mapping for /football, and have tried both a filesystem path (as above) or a project path /Football/app

I totally misunderstood what path mapping is about. Its remote server file path mapped to local path - not url. So when I put the url in the server path that was what the breakpoint mapping did and why my xdebug log seemed to show a url

I have removed the mapping and my breakpoints work fine now.

[Updated on: Tue, 13 May 2014 20:17]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:PHP remote debugging with xdebug
Next Topic:PHP editor - Unknown Content Type
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:46:29 GMT 2024