Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Question about linked emf and gmf editors
Question about linked emf and gmf editors [message #233966] Wed, 17 June 2009 13:32 Go to next message
Bill HingeFriend
Messages: 156
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi

I've linked my EMF & GMF editors together as per Rich's book and
examples but I have a couple of questions if I may.


I have just created a basic SBVR ecore to add some business logic to
my editor, I want the user to create the business logic strings
using only the EMF editor, ie I don't want to display SBVR nodes
in GMF. I can do this OK on the tree editor but my diagram editor
crashes as soon as I switch to it. I assume this is because I don't
have SBVR nodes in my gmfmap files etc.

So long as I stick to non SBVR nodes I can use either editor just fine.

Is it possible to have SBVR nodes non editable in GMF ie no tool
or visual but editable in EMF? ie GMF only contains a subset.

(I have a containment from my main model to a subcomponent in my
draft SBVR ecore)

I'm guessing a workaround maybe to create some dummy nodes that are
invisible but I was hoping not to have dummy nodes on the tools
palette

regards
Steve
Re: Question about linked emf and gmf editors [message #234042 is a reply to message #233966] Thu, 18 June 2009 10:14 Go to previous message
Bill HingeFriend
Messages: 156
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
I have this working as I want via one of my relations to the UML ecore,
hence it does appear that GMF models do not need contain all the node
mappings in gmfmap that the EMF model provides.

This seems to indicate a bug in my implementation of the SBVR ecore
(generated from xsd - I don't need perfection at this stage just a
strawman placeholder so can probably live with this)

regards
Steve

Bill Hinge wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've linked my EMF & GMF editors together as per Rich's book and
> examples but I have a couple of questions if I may.
>
>
> I have just created a basic SBVR ecore to add some business logic to
> my editor, I want the user to create the business logic strings
> using only the EMF editor, ie I don't want to display SBVR nodes
> in GMF. I can do this OK on the tree editor but my diagram editor
> crashes as soon as I switch to it. I assume this is because I don't
> have SBVR nodes in my gmfmap files etc.
>
> So long as I stick to non SBVR nodes I can use either editor just fine.
>
> Is it possible to have SBVR nodes non editable in GMF ie no tool
> or visual but editable in EMF? ie GMF only contains a subset.
>
> (I have a containment from my main model to a subcomponent in my
> draft SBVR ecore)
>
> I'm guessing a workaround maybe to create some dummy nodes that are
> invisible but I was hoping not to have dummy nodes on the tools
> palette
>
> regards
> Steve
Previous Topic:Wizard launch
Next Topic:Get the domain model file
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Mar 31 03:26:31 GMT 2020

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.03548 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top