|ecore model migration [message #1344744]
||Fri, 09 May 2014 22:43
| Mauro Condarelli
Registered: September 2009
I have an old project using some non-trivial EMF models (one |
"base.ecore" plus two other "data.ecore" and "user.ecore" including "base").
This project will live on for several more years (hopefully).
I see old Ecore Diagram Editor I use essentially for documentation has
been "deprecated" (and never worked very well).
Is it advisable to move to the new "Sirius" platform?
If so; How do I import my current .ecore in the new structure?
I didn't find much documentation.
Note that (in case it rings some bell):
- I'm currently using Luna 4.4 build I20140306-1200
- I installed "Diagram Editor for Ecore" (SDK + Sirius based)
- I had the old "Diagram Editor for Ecore" (no subtitle), but I removed
it because it was malfunctioning.
- I am developing together with a colleague; we share sources vis SSVN repo.
- My colleague installation (apparently similar to mine, we weren't able
to see significant differences) saves .ecore models (after editing with
"Sample Ecore Model Editor") in a different format (differences are ONLY
whitespace; his version uses more newlines than mine).
- His version correctly displays .ecorediag, while mine truncates a
class with a long list of Operations after the first two and all
connectors are thus garbled (saving the .ecore after trivial editing
*sometimes* cures the problem).
What is the suggested action path?
Thanks in Advance
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01173 seconds