Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Eclipse high CPU usage and eventually out of memory
Eclipse high CPU usage and eventually out of memory [message #1341640] Thu, 08 May 2014 15:29 Go to next message
Joris Kinable is currently offline Joris KinableFriend
Dear,

For months my Eclipse+CDT has been working fine. However, yesterday I've created a new C++ project and under project->preferences->C/C++ general->Paths and symbols->GNU C++ I've added some includes which I've also used for previous projects. In addition I've also added an include to the latest Boost Library (1.55.0).

Now I have the problem that each time I open my workspace, Eclipse starts burning my CPU: CPU usage spikes to >90%. After a few minutes, Eclipse will die with the following error: "Error Java Heap space". It seems that my Eclipse runs out of memory. In short, my Eclipse is currently unusable: it crashes, and the fact that my CPU goes to > 90% makes my entire system unusable.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this? It seems related to this problem: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=400073

The same issue occurs with both Eclipse Indigo (3.7.2) and Eclipse Kepler (Service Release 2). Any idea's on how to resolve this fast are highly appreciated.
Re: Eclipse high CPU usage and eventually out of memory [message #1352557 is a reply to message #1341640] Tue, 13 May 2014 14:15 Go to previous message
Yevgeny Shifrin is currently offline Yevgeny ShifrinFriend
I would suggest using below link to take stack state every few seconds and post it in your bug report. This way it will be possible to understand what eclipse is "doing" that causes such problem.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/How_to_report_a_deadlock
Previous Topic:Autocomplete
Next Topic:Can I use code and libraries from mbed online IDE in CDT?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 05:12:48 GMT 2024