Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Arquillian/JUnit Fails to Run in JBoss Tools Generated Project in Eclipse(Arquillian/JUnit Fails to Run in JBoss Tools Generated Project in Eclipse)
Arquillian/JUnit Fails to Run in JBoss Tools Generated Project in Eclipse [message #1324761] Wed, 30 April 2014 23:36
Al Koch is currently offline Al KochFriend
Hello,

I am using Eclipse Kepler with JBoss 7.1.1 and I use JBoss Tools Central to generate the "Java EE Web Project" template project. The project generates successfully and runs fine. However, after starting the server, when I click on the project and select Run as JUnit Test I have a couple of problems/issues:

1) The console shows 'deployed "test.war" '. But neither the console nor the Kepler JUnit View show any test information at all. As a test, I altered the following line in the auto-generated code for MemberRegistrationTest.java:
assertNotNull(newMember.getId());
to be
assertNull(newMember.getId());

to force an assert. However, I get no output in the console nor in the JUnit view showing this assert. As far as I can tell, the Run as JUnit Test is either not running at all or it is failing to display any results.

2) Each time I Run as Junit Test I get one or more folders added to <JBOSS_HOME>\standalone\data\content, each of which is named with a two digit hex character (e.g., "87") and that folder contains another folder with a 38 hex character name (e.g. "ed8525e1a637334f002e6c4ebec047445b0ec3"). In that folder is a file named "content" that is about 750k in size. Every time I run a test I get more of these folders and they are never cleaned up. Further, in The JBoss config file standalone.xml I discovered that the following has been added:
<deployments>
<deployment name="test.war" runtime-name="test.war">
<content sha1="87ed8525e1a637334f002e6c4ebec047445b0ec3"/>
</deployment>
</deployments>
where the "87ed8525e1a637334f002e6c4ebec047445b0ec3" corresponds to the folder "87" and the subfolder "ed8525e1a637334f002e6c4ebec047445b0ec3" (for example). (It appears that the 40 char SHA1 hash is used to name these two folders.) If I delete the project and ask for it to be removed from disk I get an error stating that "An exception has been caught while processing the refactoring 'Delete Resource' and Details shows that it could not delete the Project folder. Then, when I restart Kepler and try to recreate the Project with the same name I get the error that it already exists. If I then shutdown Kelper I get an error that "the project cannot be updated." Also, the <deployment> block stays in standalone.xml.

Can someone explain why this unaltered project "right out of the box" is "failing" to test and is messing up Kepler's Project management when I try to delete it?

Thank you.
Al
Previous Topic:Need help with Eclipse Events
Next Topic:Java 1.6/1.7 on Macintosh
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:49:08 GMT 2024