Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Include path on a VM(Linux VM)
Include path on a VM [message #1321418] Tue, 29 April 2014 09:16 Go to next message
Ian Porter is currently offline Ian PorterFriend
Hi all

I was wondering if it was possible to have the include path / libraries that are on a VM (Linux ubuntu 14.04) whilst developing in windows eclipse ?

And also if that is possible, can it be setup so that I am able to build on the VM and the output is outputted to eclipse ?

Thanks very much.

Great product btw.
Re: Include path on a VM [message #1324352 is a reply to message #1321418] Wed, 30 April 2014 18:55 Go to previous message
Programmist Setevik is currently offline Programmist SetevikFriend
The easiest way to accomplish what you're after is called VBox (Virtual Box). Run it in seamless mode and you will have very nice Dev env setup - with Eclipse window running under Linux, while being presented seamlessly with other Windows applications.

There are other, more awkward ways of setting it up - for example you could import all of the required Linux include files to Windows, export the source tree via CIFS (Samba) from Windows to Linux and edit code on Windows, while compiling on Linux.I am not aware of a way to feed the output of make on Linux into Eclipse on Windows, so you might have to manually navigate across files in Eclipse, if there're issues reported during compilation (at least you'd have the file name and line #)
Previous Topic:Jlink is not working
Next Topic:C++ Tests Runner for Eclipse CDT problems
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 05:08:11 GMT 2024