Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » Dynamic Tooltip
Dynamic Tooltip [message #224850] Mon, 23 October 2006 03:13 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: dstamkokeng.gmail.com

Hi,

Has anyone implemented a dynamic tooltip or is there any current implementation?

My tooltip is suppose to display some fields in my model. However the fields in my model changes and the tooltip is suppose to reflect it. Currently what I did is to fire a property change to change my tooltip whenever there is changes to my model.

However there are cons to this method as all my figures have to have a tooltip object. As there only 1 tooltip is to be display at a time, is there a method for me to share a single tooltip object?
Re: Dynamic Tooltip [message #224887 is a reply to message #224850] Mon, 23 October 2006 16:01 Go to previous message
Xiang Qinxian is currently offline Xiang QinxianFriend
在 2006-10-22日的 23:13 -0400,Meo Kok Eng写道:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone implemented a dynamic tooltip or is there any current implementation?
>
> My tooltip is suppose to display some fields in my model. However the fields in my model changes and the tooltip is suppose to reflect it. Currently what I did is to fire a property change to change my tooltip whenever there is changes to my model.
>
> However there are cons to this method as all my figures have to have a tooltip object. As there only 1 tooltip is to be display at a time, is there a method for me to share a single tooltip object?
Hi,

Figure class has setTooltip(IFigure) and getTooltip(). which can be
update at refreshVisuals() when property changed. What you need may be
saticified is create a tooltip Figure subclass, sucn as Label or others.

Regards,

qinxian.
Previous Topic:Change the look of the Cursor
Next Topic:Editing complex Properties(Attributes)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:57:15 GMT 2024