Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Extra tabs for certain files missing?
Extra tabs for certain files missing? [message #1317664] Sun, 27 April 2014 06:54 Go to next message
Eric Brownewell is currently offline Eric BrownewellFriend
I hope this is the correct forum for this type of post. I just recently (roughly a week ago) downloaded and installed Eclipse for Java EE developers 4.3 for windows 7 64 bit to replace my old version.
I've started doing some work with spring/xml documents in Eclipse and found that when you open a XML document, like those used for beans in spring or for maven POMs, Eclipse would show a few extra tabs below the central workspace that code is displayed regularly. These tabs provided some extremely useful tools and I was getting a lot of use out of them. However Today I opened eclipse to do some work and found those buttons were missing and the only option I had left was the raw XML view tab. How can I go about getting these tabs back? I don't think I installed any plugins in the interim that would effect this portion of Eclipse.
Re: Extra tabs for certain files missing? [message #1318622 is a reply to message #1317664] Sun, 27 April 2014 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
XML editing is not provided by JDT.

Structure editors for poms, e.g., are provided by m2e.
I think STS brings their own XML editor?
Or maybe you just used the standard "Eclipse XML Editors and Tools" feature.

Check your previous install for any features you had installed and may have forgotten to install into the new version.

best,
Stephan
Re: Extra tabs for certain files missing? [message #1318641 is a reply to message #1318622] Sun, 27 April 2014 20:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Brownewell is currently offline Eric BrownewellFriend
The extra tabs were showing up on my new install when I first installed it and ran it. It worked correctly for a few days, but then the other day when I got on they were just gone. I have the same plugins installed on my new version that I did on my old one.
Re: Extra tabs for certain files missing? [message #1318648 is a reply to message #1318641] Sun, 27 April 2014 20:11 Go to previous message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
In that case, maybe you once said "Open with ... Text editor", which Eclipse remembers.

Look at the option you have in the "Open with" context menu ...
Previous Topic:Invoking the compiler with an AST?
Next Topic:Eclipse(Kepler 4.3.2) Source not found when clicking on Java console
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 01 04:00:58 GMT 2024