Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » debug java search (call hierarchy) bug
debug java search (call hierarchy) bug [message #1311254] Wed, 23 April 2014 17:46
William Kilian is currently offline William KilianFriend
My colleague is experiencing a call hierarchy bug. A public static method (let's call it PublicClass1.staticMethod()) in one class is called from a private non-static method (PublicClass2.privateMethod()) in another class in the same package. However, opening the call hierarchy of PublicClass1.staticMethod() does not show PublicClass2.privateMethod().

The call hierarchy works fine for me. My colleague tried a clean build and quitting/restarting the workbench, but the call hierarchy never showed the caller.

From my experience with bug 382778, I know that the call hierarchy uses java search to locate callers.

We would like to report this bug, but since we don't know how to reproduce it, we doubt that this little information in a bug report would end up getting any attention. How can we get more information from eclipse in order to create a bug report that will actually be resolved?

Any ideas on what to do to fix the java search state so that the caller shows up?
Previous Topic: Eclipse Juno with Android SDK
Next Topic:JDT Debug IncompatibleThreadStateException when invoking invokeMethod
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 27 06:16:14 GMT 2024