Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Dali » Strange JAXB error message(Eclipse JAXB project shows a strange error)
Strange JAXB error message [message #1310338] Wed, 23 April 2014 06:06 Go to next message
Andrea Mazzario is currently offline Andrea MazzarioFriend
I have a sample test.xsd file (attached)from which I generate Java classes using JAXB. If I do that in a JAXB eclipse project in one of the generated classes I get the error message

The expected XML type associated with 'java.lang.Integer'is not valid for XML element 'RadioLink'

but if I generate the Java classes invoking the JDK xjc.exe directly, I don't get any error message.
Where does the error displayed in eclipse come from? eclipse lists its type as 'JAXB Problem', but as I mentioned, invoking the xjc.exe directly does not generate any error.

The only difference in the generated Java classes is that the ones generated from the eclipse JAXB project specify
This file was generated by the JavaTM Architecture for XML Binding(JAXB) Reference Implementation, vhudson-jaxb-ri-2.2-147
while the ones generated from the JDK specify
This file was generated by the JavaTM Architecture for XML Binding(JAXB) Reference Implementation, v2.2.4-2
  • Attachment: test.xsd
    (Size: 0.74KB, Downloaded 414 times)
Re: Strange JAXB error message [message #1311005 is a reply to message #1310338] Wed, 23 April 2014 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Fullbright is currently offline Paul FullbrightFriend
I get the same error regardless of how I generate the JAXB classes.

Could you please log a bug to track the issue?

Thank you,
- Paul
Re: Strange JAXB error message [message #1311800 is a reply to message #1311005] Thu, 24 April 2014 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrea Mazzario is currently offline Andrea MazzarioFriend
I found the culprit: it is the eclipse JAXB Validator. If I disable it in the Window | Preferences | Validation pane, the error is no longer generated.
I filed the bug 433349 for this problem.

[Updated on: Thu, 24 April 2014 01:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Strange JAXB error message [message #1710495 is a reply to message #1310338] Wed, 07 October 2015 07:46 Go to previous message
Parthiban Annamalai is currently offline Parthiban AnnamalaiFriend
Still the issue is not resolved?
When JAXB validation is disabled, errors disappear. Agreed. But why does the validation shows errors in Integer elements only?

Thanks,
Parthiban
Previous Topic:Invoke JPA entity creation process from a script
Next Topic:JPA Diagram Editor Preferences not available
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 07:17:17 GMT 2024