Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » BIRT Viewer URL __timezone Parameter
BIRT Viewer URL __timezone Parameter [message #1309505] Tue, 22 April 2014 18:49 Go to next message
John J Feigal is currently offline John J FeigalFriend
Can someone point me to current documentation for the BIRT Viewer 4.3.2 URL parameters? I am trying to find out the allowable values for the __timezone parameter.
Our default Tomcat server is in the Central timezone but many of our users are in the Eastern timezone. They are asking if they can see their local time in the report footer.
I've noticed a number for forum postings over the years with some solutions requiring report coding changes in onRender. We are hoping we would not have to make changes to all of our reports at this time.
I found some references to the __timezone URL parameter but no concrete examples on how to code it on the URL.
On one of our test machines I've coded __timezone=PST and the date in the report footer displays the expected value and includes PDT for daylight savings time (e.g., 11:37 PDT when it is 1:37 PM CDT). I've tried __timezone=EDT and see a time displayed as 6:37 PM GMT when it is 1:37 PM CDT. I've tried __timezone=EST and see a time displayed as a 1:37 PM GMT-05:00 when it is 1:37 PM CDT.
Thanks.
Re: BIRT Viewer URL __timezone Parameter [message #1311084 is a reply to message #1309505] Wed, 23 April 2014 15:37 Go to previous message
John J Feigal is currently offline John J FeigalFriend
From the BIRT project web pages I found a section for Integration with the following link that contains information about URL parameters.

https://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/deploy/viewerUsageMain.php

__timezone is not included in this documentation.
Previous Topic:no embedding
Next Topic:Barcode
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:41:25 GMT 2024