Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » ECP Static UI widgets into Editor
ECP Static UI widgets into Editor [message #1287432] Mon, 07 April 2014 19:59 Go to next message
Susan Carswell-Hurdis is currently offline Susan Carswell-HurdisFriend
I am using ECP to develop a model Application. The documentation "EMF Forms: View Model Elements" mentions that you can put "Label and Separators" in the editor view to add static UI elements to structure the UI.

I want to add buttons that do not have any model attributes assigned, such as save and cancel. Is it possible to add static UI elements such as these. If so, how do you do this with a view model or how can you do it via hard coding. Susan
Re: ECP Static UI widgets into Editor [message #1288016 is a reply to message #1287432] Tue, 08 April 2014 07:47 Go to previous message
Eugen Neufeld is currently offline Eugen NeufeldFriend
Hi Susan,
you can either use CustomControls (see http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/tutorials/emf-forms-view-model-elements/#customcontrols )
or implement your own view model element and a renderer.
I would recommend to use custom controls for very specific problems, where you need a specific control for a very specific attribute. Those controls are mostly used only once in the view model.
If you can implement the save/cancel buttons in a way that you can reuse them multiple times (e.g. on multiple views) without code changes, then I would recommend you to create an own view model element for those.

Cheers,
Eugen
Previous Topic:[EMF Store] Re-connection to server
Next Topic:[EMFForms] Indigo version
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:23:11 GMT 2024