Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Files Opened in the Search View Panel
Files Opened in the Search View Panel [message #1281981] Tue, 01 April 2014 17:42 Go to next message
Bobby Backofen is currently offline Bobby BackofenFriend
Can someone please help me. I believe that my installation of Eclipse recently developed an annoying behavior, and I can't find which Configuration option I need to change to have the behavior return to normal.

When I search in Eclipse, a list of results appears in a Search View panel docked at the bottom of the workbench. If I double click a search result and that file is already open, it opens in the File View panel. If I double click a search result but that file is not open already, it opens in the Search View panel. I then need to drag the file to the File View panel manually. I have attached a picture that shows the behavior I describe.

Please help! This is very annoying.

I am using "Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers, Version: Juno Service Release 2, Build id: 20130225-0426."
Re: Files Opened in the Search View Panel [message #1282031 is a reply to message #1281981] Tue, 01 April 2014 19:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marc Khouzam is currently offline Marc KhouzamFriend
Try to drag your Search view to be on the same pane as your Outline view, and then do the double click again.

I think what is happening is that your search view is in the 'editor' area, so when double-clicking, it opens the new editor in that same area.

Marc
Re: Files Opened in the Search View Panel [message #1297390 is a reply to message #1282031] Tue, 15 April 2014 16:43 Go to previous message
Bobby Backofen is currently offline Bobby BackofenFriend
Hello,

I think that I need to change my notifications, because I didn't realize you had responded until now.

But Thank You! I dragged the Search view to my outline area, and double clicking files opened them where I wanted. I could then drag the search view on the bottom again, and it still opens up the files in the File View. Thank you so much! This will save me so much time.
Previous Topic:Error parser file path handling
Next Topic:Eclipse and Lammps
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 20:27:15 GMT 2024