Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse RT (runtime) » Use RCP in the Windows default OPen(How to trigger an eclipse action on the open command)
Use RCP in the Windows default OPen [message #1281342] Mon, 31 March 2014 18:58 Go to next message
Yigal Spinner is currently offline Yigal SpinnerFriend
I created an RCP application that handles files with extension "*.FSD" (EMF Model).
The application can open multiple editors for different files.

I would like to associate the extension FSD in windows with my RCP application. So when the user double click on a file it opens in teh RCP application.

However, Each time I open the file, it opens a NEW RCP instance of my application. How can I reuse the existing instance and not open a new one (just like Excel that there is one running code with multiple tabs).

Is there a way in Eclipse to support routing the command line back to the runing instance or something similar.

Thanks
Yigal
Re: Use RCP in the Windows default OPen [message #1396689 is a reply to message #1281342] Tue, 08 July 2014 16:51 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
See the Eclipse Help section on the --launcher.defaultAction and --launcher.openFile.

Brian.
Previous Topic:kepler long time server publish
Next Topic:Equinox OSGi based JSP Support and JDK8
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 03:42:39 GMT 2024