Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Hide cascading group on selection of radio group parameter
Hide cascading group on selection of radio group parameter [message #1276294] Mon, 24 March 2014 10:57 Go to next message
Haider Ali is currently offline Haider AliFriend
hi,

i want to hide the cascading group on basis of radio button selection,

my requirement is that i have to select the criteria
1) select the records of all region
2) select the record of specefic region and area
3) select the record of specefic region and region users

so i have created a radio button which contain above three option and

i have created two cascading group 1) contain region and area(both are list) 2) region and region users (both are list)

i am unable to find a method to hide the group on basis of selection

Re: Hide cascading group on selection of radio group parameter [message #1276407 is a reply to message #1276294] Mon, 24 March 2014 14:27 Go to previous message
donino donino is currently offline donino doninoFriend
I don't believe it is possible to control the visibility of a parameter based on the value of another one. To do this it would probably be necessary to change client-side javascripts of the birt viewer, which might be tricky.

May be you could envisage to design a single cascading group with 3 levels, set as "multiple datasets":

- First level: 3 items to select "By area", "By region users" or "All regions". We can make use of a scripted dataset to fill a such static list in a cascading group
- Second level: Regions (or nothing if "All regions" is selected in first level)
- Third level: Areas or Region users, depending on the value of level 1. The dataset of this level should have a script "beforeOpen" to change the query accordingly.

Well, i know this is quite different from what you want but this should natively work.
Previous Topic:catch SQL exceptions
Next Topic:Birt Mulitthread Issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:39:30 GMT 2024