Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Generating SysML model by code
Generating SysML model by code [message #1273654] Thu, 20 March 2014 10:20 Go to next message
Fabien Larvor is currently offline Fabien LarvorFriend
Hello,

I'm currently trying to generate a SysML from a specification document. The document reading isn't an issue, however I can't find how to proceed with generating the model.
Considering the amount of ports I need to generate, I'm working on automating the generation. So far, I've only found 2 leads toward my objective. The first is with TOPCASED, which includes Eclipse Monkey for scripting the generation of models, which is mostly what I'm looking for, especially since TOPCASED can output a Papyrus model. It seems that there's an issue with some functions used for setting up ports direction though, and I can't find any kind of documentation that would allow me to solve that issue. The second lead is EASE, which seems to feature a Papyrus integration plug-in, however I can't seem to install it.

Is there a more reliable way of doing what I want to do, or is there a way to get any of those solutions working ?
Re: Generating SysML model by code [message #1276495 is a reply to message #1273654] Mon, 24 March 2014 16:49 Go to previous message
Fabien Larvor is currently offline Fabien LarvorFriend
I'll specify my issue on the Eclipse Monkey issue.
It seems I can create blocks and ports using the additional functions defined by TOPCASED, however I can't modify anything about the port, being unable to find the "getDirection()" and "setDirection()" functions. I looked into the Papyrus source code, and found those functions, which seemed to be used correctly in the example scripts of TOPCASED. Yet the function is not found, which leads me to strongly believe that some imports haven't been done right. Could this be the actual issue, or have I been on a wild goose chase for some time now ?
Previous Topic:Adding input/output expansion nodes to Expansion Regions
Next Topic:[SysML] Creating associations to already existing parts in block diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 08:31:10 GMT 2024