Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Why is org.eclipse.e4.core.services.adapter.Adapter restricted?
Why is org.eclipse.e4.core.services.adapter.Adapter restricted? [message #1272597] Tue, 18 March 2014 09:36 Go to next message
Jens Rabe is currently offline Jens RabeFriend
Hello,

I read that org.eclipse.e4.core.services.adapter.Adapter can be injected as a service. However when I do this, Eclipse gives me a warning about restricted access. What is the correct way of using adapters in E4? Is it still the old way using IAdaptable, Adapter factories etc.?
Re: Why is org.eclipse.e4.core.services.adapter.Adapter restricted? [message #1277673 is a reply to message #1272597] Wed, 26 March 2014 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
The restricted access is there because we haven't decided yet on what we define as an API. It does not mean that you are not using something correctly. It's more like a false positive.
Re: Why is org.eclipse.e4.core.services.adapter.Adapter restricted? [message #1279567 is a reply to message #1277673] Fri, 28 March 2014 23:44 Go to previous message
Olivier Prouvost is currently offline Olivier ProuvostFriend

And it would be great to name this class or interface EAdapterService ... to have similar names for all services (ESelectionService, EModelService, E*Service)
Previous Topic:Disposed control causes that popup menu stops working
Next Topic:Life cycle of an object constructed via DI
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 09:50:13 GMT 2024