Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » e(fx)clipse » Can't get any e(fx)eclipse 0.9.0 or 1.0 version to work with 3.x RCP
icon8.gif  Can't get any e(fx)eclipse 0.9.0 or 1.0 version to work with 3.x RCP [message #1271272] Fri, 14 March 2014 17:46 Go to next message
Jim Klo is currently offline Jim KloFriend
Greetings,

We currently have an RCP 3.x project that is using e(fx)clipse version 0.8.0 on the Eclipse Juno builds, however I need to export a product now, and since the product export + Juno is broken and the recommendation that I've seen Tom make in other posts was to upgrade to 0.9.0 and 4.3.1, I'm trying to do this.

What I've done so far is:
1. Use the prebuilt e(fx)clipse that Tom provides - tried both 4.3.1 release and 4.4M6 snapshot.
2. Rolling my own 4.3.2 using the following p2 update sites:

For all I create a new Target Platform in a new workspace that grabs the e(fx)clipse 3.x runtime from:

index.php/fa/17740/0/

After creating the Target Platform and activating, I'm restarting the workbench for good measure, then for testing, I'm just creating a new "Plug-in Project" using the "JavaFX Eclipse 3.x RCP" just to create a "Hello World" app. Once doing this the sample project has an error which I'm not able to resolve - and have no idea where to start.

index.php/fa/17739/0/

Note the error:
The container 'Plug-in Dependencies' references non existing library '/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_51.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/jfxswt.jar'

So I'm at my wit's end on this. No manner of uninstalling/installing e(fx)clipse seems to work. Am I doing something wrong? Am I missing some step? I'd really like to make some headway on this.

Thanks for any assistance provided.

Oh and by the way, currently I'm building this on:
OS X 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion)
JDK 1.7.0 update 51

But I will need to be able to have other developers use this configuration as well under, Windows 7 & Ubuntu, using the same JDK revision.

Re: Can't get any e(fx)eclipse 0.9.0 or 1.0 version to work with 3.x RCP [message #1271401 is a reply to message #1271272] Sat, 15 March 2014 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
File a bug and I'll try to look at it immediately!

Tom

On 14.03.14 10:46, Jim Klo wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> We currently have an RCP 3.x project that is using e(fx)clipse version 0.8.0 on the Eclipse Juno builds, however I need to export a product now, and since the product export + Juno is broken and the recommendation that I've seen Tom make in other posts was to upgrade to 0.9.0 and 4.3.1, I'm trying to do this.
>
> What I've done so far is:
> 1. Use the prebuilt e(fx)clipse that Tom provides - tried both 4.3.1 release and 4.4M6 snapshot.
> 2. Rolling my own 4.3.2 using the following p2 update sites:
>
> Plug-in: http://download.eclipse.org/efxclipse/updates-released/0.9.0/site
> Runtime: http://download.eclipse.org/efxclipse/runtime-released/0.9.0/site
>
>
> For all I create a new Target Platform in a new workspace that grabs the e(fx)clipse 3.x runtime from:
>
> http://download.eclipse.org/efxclipse/runtime-released/0.9.0/site for Eclipse 4.3.x
> http://download.eclipse.org/efxclipse/runtime-nightly/site/ for Eclipse 4.4M6
>
>
>
>
> After creating the Target Platform and activating, I'm restarting the workbench for good measure, then for testing, I'm just creating a new "Plug-in Project" using the "JavaFX Eclipse 3.x RCP" just to create a "Hello World" app. Once doing this the sample project has an error which I'm not able to resolve - and have no idea where to start.
>
>
>
> Note the error:
>
> The container 'Plug-in Dependencies' references non existing library '/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_51.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/jfxswt.jar'
>
>
> So I'm at my wit's end on this. No manner of uninstalling/installing e(fx)clipse seems to work. Am I doing something wrong? Am I missing some step? I'd really like to make some headway on this.
>
> Thanks for any assistance provided.
>
> Oh and by the way, currently I'm building this on:
> OS X 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion)
> JDK 1.7.0 update 51
>
> But I will need to be able to have other developers use this configuration as well under, Windows 7 & Ubuntu, using the same JDK revision.
>
>
Re: Can't get any e(fx)eclipse 0.9.0 or 1.0 version to work with 3.x RCP [message #1271411 is a reply to message #1271401] Sat, 15 March 2014 03:20 Go to previous message
Jim Klo is currently offline Jim KloFriend
Bug reported here: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=430431
Previous Topic:Fitting a dialog to the size of its content
Next Topic:Issues creating a ToolControl on a Window Trim
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 15:51:24 GMT 2024