Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Add a .jar to the project(How a .jar file could be added INSIDE the project)
Add a .jar to the project [message #1270846] Thu, 13 March 2014 16:29 Go to next message
Doo Doom is currently offline Doo DoomFriend
Hello,

Does anybody know how a .jar file (for exemple a jdbc driver) could be added to the project?

I will give an exemple.
I want to use jdbc driver that is .jar file. I can add it while creating a new Data Source. But the problem is that the path will be fixed (C:\Users\UserName\...\driver.jar). If I open this project on the other computer the path is wrong.
I want to add a jar file to the project so, that the path will be "internal"(ProjectName\lib\driver.jar). So on any computer the file will be found.

It seams that for Java projects in Eclipse one can add any jar file in the BuildPath so this jar will be inside the project and it can be used on any computer.

I've tested several variants:

1) Window >> Preferences >> Report Design >> Class Path
there I've added my driver. But I haven't understood how can I use this library

2) Choose the report, in the Property Editor choose Resources, add file there. The same: haven't understood how can I use this library

3) Select Project >> Properties >> Class Path, there I've added my driver

4) Simple add a jar file to the project folder also gives nothing Razz
Re: Add a .jar to the project [message #1272131 is a reply to message #1270846] Mon, 17 March 2014 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
manasa kancherla is currently offline manasa kancherlaFriend
Project->properties->Java Build Path->Add jars.now,.jar files will appear in your libraries.
Re: Add a .jar to the project [message #1272189 is a reply to message #1272131] Mon, 17 March 2014 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doo Doom is currently offline Doo DoomFriend
Thank you for your response.
But there is no Java Build Path in the menu. There is Class Path, but when I add an external Jar it changes nothing.
Re: Add a .jar to the project [message #1401460 is a reply to message #1272189] Tue, 15 July 2014 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mario Giammarco is currently offline Mario GiammarcoFriend
Hello,
I have the same probem. The jdbc jar path in production is obviously different from the jar path inside editor.
Have you a solution? I still do not understand how it is possible that a so common problem has no clear solution in birt.

Thanks,
Mario
Re: Add a .jar to the project [message #1401859 is a reply to message #1401460] Wed, 16 July 2014 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heng Li is currently offline Heng LiFriend
You need to put jdbc jar into birt plugin folder plugins/org.eclpise.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc_xxx\drivers, the all jdbc drivers in that folder can be access when creating jdbc data source.
Re: Add a .jar to the project [message #1401866 is a reply to message #1401859] Wed, 16 July 2014 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henning von Bargen is currently offline Henning von BargenFriend
You could also switch to the non-OSGI BIRT runtime (just a bunch of JARs). Then just add your driver.jar to the class path.
Re: Add a .jar to the project [message #1402183 is a reply to message #1401866] Wed, 16 July 2014 16:51 Go to previous message
Mario Giammarco is currently offline Mario GiammarcoFriend
I have followed "official" instructions to install a birt dir inside Tomcat. There I have no "drivers" folder but WEB-INF/lib folder so I assume I have NON-osgi version.

Anyway the problem is the same: in eclipse birt editor I must specify a mysql jdbc jar using full path and this path is not correct when deployed on Tomcat.

What is the solution? I hope I can avoid to put the jdbc jar path and let birt find the jdbc driver jar in standard classpath.

Thanks again,
Mario
Previous Topic:'Needs cache for data engine' default in Kepler? report very slow.
Next Topic:Multiple Table Records per Qty
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 18:38:24 GMT 2024