Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » can I get the console output in colour for ERROR (Color code in console ouput)
can I get the console output in colour for ERROR [message #1270663] Thu, 13 March 2014 09:45 Go to next message
Nimi SukumaranFriend
Hi ,

Please help me understanding is there any way to get the console output in colour.

ERROR , FAILURES in RED.

SUCCESS in Green.

Also I need to know where the below message is defined. Even if its failing, I am getting the BUILD as SUCCESS.

BUILD SUCCESSFUL
Total time: 14 minutes 44 seconds
[DEBUG] Skipping watched dependency update; build not configured with trigger: BR_ESB_RELEASE_2_2-BUILD_OSB #9
Finished: SUCCESS

Re: can I get the console output in colour for ERROR [message #1270724 is a reply to message #1270663] Thu, 13 March 2014 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonathan Dumont is currently offline Jonathan DumontFriend
Hi,

If you want to highlight important messages in the log, you can use this plugin : Log Parser Plugin.
It is available via the Hudson plugin manager, in the recommended tab.

And for your build state, how do you see that your build failed ? Hudson build may be configured to add conditions to validate or not a build, but you have to define what is your expected result.
Re: can I get the console output in colour for ERROR [message #1270729 is a reply to message #1270724] Thu, 13 March 2014 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonathan Dumont is currently offline Jonathan DumontFriend
An other plugin, maybe more simple :
Ansi color
Re: can I get the console output in colour for ERROR [message #1271189 is a reply to message #1270724] Fri, 14 March 2014 13:11 Go to previous message
Nimi SukumaranFriend
Hi Jonathan

Thanks for the reply,

I have installed Log parser. But this is genearting different output file. I was looking for something in the main console output. I am checking Ansi colour plugin.

Where should I define the build condition. Please let me know how to configure it. also let me know if it is global configuration settings or each job configuration settings.

I am executing a shell script in the build. I am defining the exit statements in my script. But still I am seeing BUILD successful in hudson

Previous Topic:UnknownHostException Hudson Proxy
Next Topic:HTTP Status 500 error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 21 01:51:11 GMT 2024