Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Sapphire » Property Custom Parser?
Property Custom Parser? [message #1268315] Mon, 10 March 2014 10:44 Go to next message
Hazem ELRAFFIEE is currently offline Hazem ELRAFFIEEFriend
Hello all Smile

I use Sapphire 0.7, and I have a property called "Resolution" which user should be allowed to write a Matlab Expression in it like:
10+(16*2^-12)

I already made a function called "parseResolution" that takes a String input and returns either a valid double or null if parsing failed.

The problem is, many other properties validation is based upon this "Resolution" property, and I would like to avoid calling my custom "parseResolution" each time I implement a new Validation Service. Also I would like to make use of the new @Validation for all other properties that are dependent upon "Resolution".

What I'm thinking of is somehow changing how ".content()" works. Is there anything like that?
Re: Property Custom Parser? [message #1268391 is a reply to message #1268315] Mon, 10 March 2014 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Greg Amerson is currently offline Greg AmersonFriend
Yes you sure can do that with the type conversion system assuming that your custom type can be converted from a String and back again. So for your property you can set the Base type like this:
@Type( base = MatlabExpression.class )
@Label(...)
ValueProperty PROP_RESOLUTION = new ValueProperty( TYPE, "Resolution" );

Value<MatlabExpression> getResolution();
setResolution( MatlabExpression resolution );
setResolution( String resolution );

Where MatlabExpression.java is just a POJO that has a method called "doubleValue()" or something that gives the double value. Then you need to use the META-INF/sapphire-extension.xml file to register two service classes that will be used for the conversion using ConversionService<String, MatlabExpression>, one for StringToMatlabExpressionService.java and another for MatlabExpressionToStringService.java. You can see in the sapphire samples plugin some examples of how to exactly how to wire this up. http://git.eclipse.org/c/sapphire/org.eclipse.sapphire.git/tree/plugins/org.eclipse.sapphire.samples/META-INF/sapphire-extension.xml

Once you have this working you can do something like this:
 element.getResolution().content().doubleValue();

Would that work for you?

[Updated on: Mon, 10 March 2014 13:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Property Custom Parser? [message #1268455 is a reply to message #1268391] Mon, 10 March 2014 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
+1 to Greg's answer.
Re: Property Custom Parser? [message #1268964 is a reply to message #1268455] Tue, 11 March 2014 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That looks great, but then, can I use "Resolution" in an EL like that?
${ Decimal == ((Physical - Offset)/Resolution.Content.doubleValue) }

Re: Property Custom Parser? [message #1268987 is a reply to message #1268964] Tue, 11 March 2014 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, I tried it and didn't work Smile
Re: Property Custom Parser? [message #1269621 is a reply to message #1268987] Wed, 12 March 2014 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
You are going to need to be more specific. Include your property definition, the conversion service implementations and their registrations in the extensions file.

Quote:
That looks great, but then, can I use "Resolution" in an EL like that?

${ Decimal == ((Physical - Offset)/Resolution.Content.doubleValue) }

You cannot access an arbitrary method in Sapphire EL, but you should be able to write a conversion service implementation from your Resolution object to whatever is the data type of (Physical - Offset). Then it's just...

${ Decimal == ((Physical - Offset)/Resolution.Content) }
Re: Property Custom Parser? [message #1269757 is a reply to message #1269621] Wed, 12 March 2014 06:52 Go to previous message
http://www.i2clipart.com/cliparts/8/5/9/5/clipart-thumbs-up-happy-smiley-emoticon-8595.png

That helped a lot, thank you very much for your help Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 12 March 2014 06:53]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:User custom method in EL?
Next Topic:@DefaultValue never tells if value is empty!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:04:45 GMT 2024