Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Will there be a Papyrus SR2b?...(...because there seems to be 0.10.2 nightly builds still coming...)
Will there be a Papyrus SR2b?... [message #1268197] Mon, 10 March 2014 07:16 Go to next message
Tomas Sandkvist is currently offline Tomas SandkvistFriend
I had some issues with broken imports which Camille fixed in a snap through a nightly build. And I have seen newer builds as well, but I thought there would be no more development in this branch, focusing the effort for the Luna release in the summer?

So, you wizards of programming, how does this work? If there would be found "too many" things to correct will you make another SR2(b,c,d...) release? If not is there a way to collect the changes made in the nightly builds because there might be some fix one or two of us users actually could benefit from?

I've tried to figure out how to scan off the Bugzilla by filtered searches (see another post here), but I can't see how to find the relationship between a fixed bug/added feature and builds, if any. Perhaps I should use nothing but a date filter?

Regards,
Tomas Sandkvist
Re: Will there be a Papyrus SR2b?... [message #1268291 is a reply to message #1268197] Mon, 10 March 2014 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Tomas,

There is no way to associate bugs to builds, because the Bugzilla task can be related to either Luna or Kepler, or both. We try to indicate (in the comments) the branch to which the commit applies (e.g. Commit abc1234 in master, 4321abc in kepler), but that's a good practice more than an absolute rule.

We usually keep building nightly builds after the SR2 release, for a few weeks/months, but it doesn't contain too many commits. Whether we provide a SR2b or a SR3 really depends on the user requests and needs, and time we have for releasing a new build (Often, we don't have too much time for a SR3; so unless there is a critical/blocker issue which makes SR2/SR2a unusable, we focus on Luna milestones).

The best way to retrieve the builds/commit mapping is from the Git repository. We have one tag per build, and each commit is (should be) associated to a Bugzilla task.

Regards
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Will there be a Papyrus SR2b?... [message #1268368 is a reply to message #1268291] Mon, 10 March 2014 12:12 Go to previous message
Tomas Sandkvist is currently offline Tomas SandkvistFriend
Thanks Camille for clarifying!

Also, as a hint to anyone trying to list fixed issues, the following search shows the bugs fixed between the SR2 release (last of february) and today, could be useful as a starting point/learning to build searches:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=CLOSED&chfieldfrom=2014-02-28&chfieldto=today&classification=Modeling&columnlist=short_desc%2Cresolution%2Cchangeddate&list_id=8492343&product=MDT.Papyrus&query_format=advanced&target_milestone=---&version=0.10.0&version=0.10.1&version=0.10.2

Regards,
Tomas
Previous Topic:Unhide or show hidden element
Next Topic:Component diagram and displaying required and provided interfaces
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 02:03:52 GMT 2024