Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Mapping in XML Schema.
Mapping in XML Schema. [message #209676] Tue, 28 October 2008 08:23 Go to next message
Pierre is currently offline PierreFriend
Messages: 27
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hello everybody,

I am new with GMF, and I want to program a modeller (a little as UML class
diagramm).
After the modeling I want to make a mapping in XML Schema (XSD).
How can I do? I thought of programming a XSLT file or to use JET.
What advise me you? Have you other propositions?

Thank you for your help.

Pierre
Re: Mapping in XML Schema. [message #209707 is a reply to message #209676] Tue, 28 October 2008 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Shatalin is currently offline Alexander ShatalinFriend
Messages: 2928
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hello pierre,

In EMF you can use XSD document for initializing domain model. As a result
domain model will be stored in XML document according to the passed schema.
I think you can use this feature + GMF to create diagram editor savign domain
model into a file with custom XML schema - AFAIU this way will save you some
time on writing domain model -> xml document tansformation.

-----------------
Alex Shatalin
Re: Mapping in XML Schema. [message #209898 is a reply to message #209707] Wed, 29 October 2008 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pierre is currently offline PierreFriend
Messages: 27
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hello Alex,

Thank you for your answer !

I think that I don't completely understand your answer. If I have good
understand, I can save a domain model with a custom XML Schema. But in
Mindmap example the .mindmap file is already a XML Schema file? With this
way I obtain a XML Schema file (XXXX.xsd). But I have forgotten to say in
the last message that my diagram models Business Objects (with class...)
and I want a XSD file for each Business Object. What advise me you? I must
a XSLT file too to seperate the XSD file into several XSD files.

I maybe badly expressed myself in my last message. I want to program a XML
Schema (XSD) generator from a diagram. This diagram models Business
Objects and I want to generate a XSD file for each Business Object.

Thank you for your help !

Pierre
Re: Mapping in XML Schema. [message #209908 is a reply to message #209898] Wed, 29 October 2008 15:32 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Messages: 31715
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Pierre,

Comments below.

Pierre wrote:
> Hello Alex,
>
> Thank you for your answer !
>
> I think that I don't completely understand your answer. If I have good
> understand, I can save a domain model with a custom XML Schema. But in
> Mindmap example the .mindmap file is already a XML Schema file?
No, it's a .xml file that conforms to a schema.
> With this way I obtain a XML Schema file (XXXX.xsd).
There's a MindMap.xsd, but the *.mindmap is an instance...
> But I have forgotten to say in the last message that my diagram models
> Business Objects (with class...) and I want a XSD file for each
> Business Object.
So you have some other model, like XSD, Ecore, or UML, that you want to
map to XSD. Perhaps that's similar to
org.eclipse.xsd.ecore.EcoreSchemaBuilder which converts and Ecore
instance to a corresponding XSD instance.
> What advise me you? I must a XSLT file too to seperate the XSD file
> into several XSD files.
Not sure I understand how the separate files issue comes up.
> I maybe badly expressed myself in my last message. I want to program a
> XML Schema (XSD) generator from a diagram.
That sounds a lot like EcoreSchemaBuilder, so maybe that's where you
want to look.
> This diagram models Business Objects and I want to generate a XSD file
> for each Business Object.
>
> Thank you for your help !
>
> Pierre
>


Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:RootEditPart 'eats' DragnDrop-Operation
Next Topic:how to use java( or ocl if is possible) for a link constraint in gmfmap
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Jan 28 05:01:06 GMT 2021

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.06351 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top