Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Paho » Paho Java Client under JBoss(compatibility, any restrictions)
Paho Java Client under JBoss [message #1264554] Wed, 05 March 2014 10:05 Go to next message
Antonio Foglia is currently offline Antonio FogliaFriend
Hi everybody.

I'm very interested in the MQTT, i'm reading only good things.
I want to push notifications to Android devices from a Java server, and after documenting a bit i would need:
- a message broker running (i've choose mosquitto)
- an MQTT client on android and an MQTT client on the java server (Paho seems to be the reference implementation)

My Java server is under JBoss. There are any restrictions or incompatibility in using Paho java client under JBoss.

Thanks.
Re: Paho Java Client under JBoss [message #1264785 is a reply to message #1264554] Wed, 05 March 2014 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ian Craggs is currently offline Ian CraggsFriend
Hi Antonio,

well, you are correct - you have the right components for your solution.

I'm not aware of any incompatibility of the Paho Java MQTT client with JBoss. The client is not very big or complicated so I would be surprised if there were any issues with running it under JBoss. If you did find a problem, you can raise a bug at bugs.eclipse.org.

The client is not packaged as an OSGi plugin yet, but is something we are working on.

Ian Craggs
Re: Paho Java Client under JBoss [message #1272234 is a reply to message #1264785] Mon, 17 March 2014 12:33 Go to previous message
Antonio Foglia is currently offline Antonio FogliaFriend
Hi,
i'm testing paho under JBoss
I'm trying to create the client in a @startup.
But i get:
IllegalStateException
caused by EJBexception
caused by NoClassDefFoundError
caused by java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.MqttException

Of course this is not the right way to integrate paho code in a JBoss application.
Someone can tell me how to fix this problem?
Thanks
Previous Topic:MQTT connection threads are getting hanged.
Next Topic:Can't build Paho Java project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 01:08:08 GMT 2024