Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Programmatically expand of PaletteCompartmentEntry
Programmatically expand of PaletteCompartmentEntry [message #1264353] Wed, 05 March 2014 06:44 Go to next message
Peter Gernold is currently offline Peter GernoldFriend
I am developing a modeling environment basing on BPMN2Editor.
I have enabled by plugin.xml the data definitions of our palette:
<!-- data definitions -->
<enable object="DataObject"/>
<enable object="DataInput"/>
<enable object="DataInputAssociation"/>
<enable object="DataOutput"/>
<enable object="DataOutputAssociation"/>

Strange is that by default the PaletteCompartmentEntry 'Data items' is collapsed (all other PaletteCompartmentEntry's (process, gateways, tasks, events, connections) are expanded).
Is there are way to expand programmatically also 'Data items'?
I have already tried to get the PaletteCompartmentEntry by GFPaletteRoot. But PaletteCompartmentEntry supports only setInitialState, which does not have any effect (I would expect that I call it too late, but it is not possible to call it earlier).

Any idea? Thanks
Peter
Re: Programmatically expand of PaletteCompartmentEntry [message #1281765 is a reply to message #1264353] Tue, 01 April 2014 10:16 Go to previous message
Peter Gernold is currently offline Peter GernoldFriend
Hi any updates concerning this issue. Maybe some more details will help to understand my issue.
By calling method updatePaletteEntries() on GFPaletteRoot the palette entries will be created and here setInitialState is called with INITIAL_STATE_CLOSED. Would there be a change to overwrite a method to set INITIAL_STATE_OPEN. Would it be possible for the BPMN2 modeler to support this feature. After method updatePaletteEntries() has been executed it is no longer possible to trigger an expand.

Thanks
Peter
Previous Topic:How to support Association Classes using GMF?
Next Topic:Update a diagram from another
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:19:49 GMT 2024