Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Orion (Archived) » Workspace API(Orion-Version header causes opposite behavior)
Workspace API [message #1263974] Tue, 04 March 2014 23:05 Go to next message
John Wargo is currently offline John WargoFriend
I downloaded Orion and have it running locally and I'm trying to work with the Workspace API from a node application.

I noticed that the API docs say that I need to add the Orion-Version header to my requests otherwise I'll get an HTML page back. I'm noticing that the server is redirecting my requests to a login page when I DON'T have the header. When I add the header to my request, I get a 401 error.

Also, the Transfer API docs say the header I need to add is Orion-Version, but in the workspace API docs, the examples there all have EclipseWeb-Version: 1.0 as the header.

I've tried adding both headers, but I still get the 401 error when they're there.

I've confirmed in browser window running a REST tool, that I can logon to Orion and execute the APIs without error - it's only in my node application that this isn't working. Something about my request is not right and I can't figure it out.
Re: Workspace API [message #1264761 is a reply to message #1263974] Wed, 05 March 2014 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, I'm an idiot. It's working as designed. I was assuming I was authenticated against the server, but apparently I was not.

I'm assuming the default auth setting is form + open ID? The docs don't say and I was assuming Basic Auth was the default.
Re: Workspace API [message #1602863 is a reply to message #1264761] Thu, 05 February 2015 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hemant Kolwalkar is currently offline Hemant KolwalkarFriend
Hi John,

Could you pl post a sample of the code that eventually worked? I used to have same issue as you but now I don't. But I am not sure if the authentication worked since instead of the file I am trying to access, the response is a "Welcome to Orion" html page.

Thank,

- Hemant
Re: Workspace API [message #1602869 is a reply to message #1602863] Thu, 05 February 2015 21:31 Go to previous message
No, sorry. I abandonned that project and deleted my code.
Previous Topic:Webtools dev roadmap questions
Next Topic:How to do Remote client / Remote data?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 22:23:27 GMT 2024