Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Eclipse sometimes respond late!
Eclipse sometimes respond late! [message #1262360] Mon, 03 March 2014 14:55 Go to next message
mriduli sama is currently offline mriduli samaFriend
Hi
i downloaded eclipse long time ago, i see it's release of 4.2.0.
I installed php tool well and can debug well.At first when i open couple of php files while working and switch back to those files, no problem at all.Then after sometime later it takes more than 5 seconds to switch to another php file and i see in this time "not responding" appears for a while before showing the php file.It's creating very problem while working!, it should just work in a second!. This problem is not in this case but also when i switch to perspectives.

It's very annoying while development, who wants to wait more than five/ten seconds to see another php file in the project?!!

Plz help, Could it be a memory issues? I don't think so coz i have best processors and around 20 gb free space in my drive where operating system windows 7 installed.

Please help me out.
Re: Eclipse sometimes respond late! [message #1404578 is a reply to message #1262360] Mon, 04 August 2014 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tapy disuza is currently offline tapy disuzaFriend
Same question
Re: Eclipse sometimes respond late! [message #1404636 is a reply to message #1404578] Mon, 04 August 2014 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dawid Pakula is currently offline Dawid PakulaFriend
Eclipse 4.2 have a lot of performance issues, like tab switching. In SR2 a lot of them was fixed (4.2.2). But I suggest update to 4.3 or 4.4.

Re: Eclipse sometimes respond late! [message #1419954 is a reply to message #1404636] Tue, 09 September 2014 09:40 Go to previous message
Danial Lucas is currently offline Danial LucasFriend
Explre the workspace\.metadata\.log file. Which can help you to troubleshoop what went wrong.
Previous Topic:Eclipse PDT, click through (call hierarchy) broken when in the same namespace
Next Topic:Which Php Development Tools is use full for my site?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 07:24:42 GMT 2024