Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Additional view initialization
Additional view initialization [message #208274] Fri, 10 October 2008 13:50 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: xxx.xxxxxxxx.xxx

Hello,

if I want to additionally initialize each node/edge when opening the
diagram, which is the best place to do this?

Kind regards,
Iliyana
Re: Additional view initialization [message #208461 is a reply to message #208274] Mon, 13 October 2008 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tatiana Fesenko is currently offline Tatiana FesenkoFriend
Messages: 530
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hello Iliyana,

<Element>ViewFactory class is a place where properties of View/Node/Edge
are set.
Each EditPart has its own ViewFactory. For example, ClassEditPart has ClassViewFactory.
ViewFactories define Color, Font, whether to show name of compartment and
other presentation properties.

Best wishes,
Tatiana.

> Hello,
>
> if I want to additionally initialize each node/edge when opening the
> diagram, which is the best place to do this?
>
> Kind regards,
> Iliyana
Re: Additional view initialization [message #209001 is a reply to message #208461] Mon, 20 October 2008 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: xxx.xxxxx.xxx

Hallo Tatiana,

thanks a lot for the hint. I couldn't quite get it how XViewFactory works,
but I also found that the XFigure, contained in the XEditPart, contains
some view info.

Regarding the XViewFactory, I guess I need to do some more reading on the
ViewService- do you know where I can find good documentation about it?

Kind regards,
Iliyana


Tatiana Fesenko wrote:

> Hello Iliyana,

> <Element>ViewFactory class is a place where properties of View/Node/Edge
> are set.
> Each EditPart has its own ViewFactory. For example, ClassEditPart has
ClassViewFactory.
> ViewFactories define Color, Font, whether to show name of compartment and
> other presentation properties.

> Best wishes,
> Tatiana.

>> Hello,
>>
>> if I want to additionally initialize each node/edge when opening the
>> diagram, which is the best place to do this?
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Iliyana
Re: Additional view initialization [message #209110 is a reply to message #209001] Tue, 21 October 2008 17:12 Go to previous message
Tatiana Fesenko is currently offline Tatiana FesenkoFriend
Messages: 530
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hello Iliyana,

> Regarding the XViewFactory, I guess I need to do some more reading on
> the ViewService- do you know where I can find good documentation about
> it?
Unfortunately, I don't know about any documentation.
If I needed additional info about working with ViewServices I would start
with general View, Node, Edge documentation, because XViewService and XViewFactories
operate with them ( http://help.eclipse.org/help32/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse. gmf.doc/reference/api/runtime/org/eclipse/gmf/runtime/notati on/class-use/Node.html,
http://help.eclipse.org/help32/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse. gmf.doc/reference/api/runtime/org/eclipse/gmf/runtime/notati on/class-use/View.html)

What particular feature you want to change? Maybe I or other people from
the newsgroup can help you.

Best wishes,
Tatiana.

> Tatiana Fesenko wrote:
>
>> Hello Iliyana,
>>
>> <Element>ViewFactory class is a place where properties of
>> View/Node/Edge are set. Each EditPart has its own ViewFactory. For
>> example, ClassEditPart has
>>
> ClassViewFactory.
>
>> ViewFactories define Color, Font, whether to show name of compartment
>> and other presentation properties.
>>
>> Best wishes,
>> Tatiana.
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> if I want to additionally initialize each node/edge when opening the
>>> diagram, which is the best place to do this?
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>>> Iliyana
Previous Topic:Solutions for common GMF problems
Next Topic:DnD in GMF Editor
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue May 11 11:45:31 GMT 2021

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01603 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top