Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Xtext models in SOLr
Xtext models in SOLr [message #1259802] Fri, 28 February 2014 20:30
Florian Pirchner is currently offline Florian PirchnerFriend

Hi,

in my current open source project we are writing a lot of DSLs. For instance for entities, dtos, services, documentation,...

And i need to access these models at runtime. My idea is to write a builder for runtime similar to the IDE builder.

The big difference to the IDE builder is, that the Xtext files (models) should be placed in lucene (fulltext search engine). And we are using SOLr to access them. Just for information why we are storing them in lucene: Later we are going to add apache stanbol support, so we can create ontologies for the grammars based on OWL and RDF. And we can use SPAR-QL to create complex queries on their metamodels.

But now my question. I am trying to add lazy loading support and try to avoid loading all the xtext files contained in SOLr eagerly. But i have no idea about the perfect place. For now i do not understand the concept of Containers, ResoureDescriptions,... But i think, that might be the perfect place.
My idea is to load the models from SOLr when resolving proxies is done.

For instance:

import org.my.example.*

entity House {

refers Window window

To resolve the reference to Window Xtext will create different combinations with the imported namespaces and the name of the reference. In the example above it tries to find elements for Window, org.my.example.Window,...
And during scoping, I'd like to check if a resource is already available. If not, then I'd like to use the FQN (Window, org.my.example.Window,...) to query SOLr. If SOLr contains a document with the given FQN, it will return the text for it and the resource will become loaded.

What might be the perfect place to access SOLr? I think it is somewhere in the ResourceDescription, Container,...

Thanks a lot for hints. If someone knows about an already implemented example that also uses lazy loading, a hint would be great.

Thanks so much for your help
Florian

[Updated on: Fri, 28 February 2014 20:32]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Transform to lowercase
Next Topic:Quickfix with model modification in different resource
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 08:51:57 GMT 2024