Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Multi-Module
Multi-Module [message #1258412] Thu, 27 February 2014 11:02 Go to next message
Rene Eigenheer is currently offline Rene EigenheerFriend
Hi

I try to setup a multi-module application. DesktopExtensions seems to work, but now I'm looking for a best practice related to ClientSessions, SwtEnvironemt etc.

May each module have its own ClientSession? (or ist the CleintSession a singleton)
What's about SwtEnvironment...one environment for all extensions or each extension with its own environment?

tia
Rene
Re: Multi-Module [message #1258420 is a reply to message #1258412] Thu, 27 February 2014 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
João Rebelo is currently offline João RebeloFriend
Hi René,

Typically you will only have one Client Session and One SWT Environment per session which is created by the module with inits (The SWT application or the entry point for RAP).
Generally speaking you shouldn't be worried about the SWT Environment since it will be provided to your widgets (assuming that you are creating your own custom widget?) and you just can use it.

For the Client Session as well that is a way to get the current Client Session by ClientJob.getCurrentSession().

Regards
João
Re: Multi-Module [message #1258447 is a reply to message #1258420] Thu, 27 February 2014 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi João

Thanks for the quick reply. The problem was, that I'm refactoring some existing cdoe. and in the (generated ?) ui-swt-Activator classes the SWTEnvironment is instantiated (and therein the sessions).

One (last...) question: what's about ServerSession? as well only one ??

thanks
Re: Multi-Module [message #1259361 is a reply to message #1258447] Fri, 28 February 2014 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
João Rebelo is currently offline João RebeloFriend
Hi,

I haven't yet used the ServerSession so I'm not the best person to answer you.
But I would assume it should take the same idea as the ClientSession..

Regards
João
Re: Multi-Module [message #1259486 is a reply to message #1259361] Fri, 28 February 2014 12:39 Go to previous message
I'll guess it starts to work now in our setup - I also re factored the ServerSession.

Question to the Scout Masters Wink

Wouldn't it make sense to have a similar mechanism with the Sessions as we have it with the Desktop? in other words having a Core(Client/Server)Session and SessionExtensions per module?
I did something in this direction, pls let me know if this makes sense in the "big scout picture"

best regards
Rene

Previous Topic:JMS Consumer
Next Topic:Different scopes in formfield definition for SWT, RAP and Swing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 18:10:23 GMT 2024