Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » ReportServiceException when trying to cancel and reopen the same report(I have to wait for a few minutes before trying to run the report again)
ReportServiceException when trying to cancel and reopen the same report [message #1258330] Thu, 27 February 2014 09:18
Lanka Y is currently offline Lanka YFriend
I have this problem in Birt, where in I try to generate a report, and when it is processing the report, I cancel the report and try to generate the same report again, I get ReportServiceException. However if I try to regenerate the report after some time the report generates fine. The time gap can be as much as 2 minutes at times.

I am using the <birt:parameterPage> tag to start the reports, which will run the report once the user selects the input parameters.

I am attaching partial stack trace to this question. Can some one tell me a solution to this issue.

I am running Birt 2.5.2. I had upgraded it to 4.1.3 and tried to view the results, but the results were same.

org.eclipse.birt.report.service.api.ReportServiceException: Failed to open the report document.
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.throwDummyException(ReportEngineService.java:1096)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.openReportDocument(ReportEngineService.java:495)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.BirtViewerReportService.openReportDocument(BirtViewerReportService.java:269)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.BirtViewerReportService.getPageCount(BirtViewerReportService.java:704)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractGetPageActionHandler.prepareParameters(AbstractGetPageActionHandler.java:138)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractGetPageActionHandler.__execute(AbstractGetPageActionHandler.java:104)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractBaseActionHandler.execute(AbstractBaseActionHandler.java:90)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseDocumentProcessor.__executeAction(AbstractBaseDocumentProcessor.java:47)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.executeAction(AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.java:143)
Previous Topic:BIRT Report Runtime download
Next Topic:BIRT download link doesnt work..is there any work around?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 23 10:05:49 GMT 2024