Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Icon not appearing for 'new file' wizard despite being proper
Icon not appearing for 'new file' wizard despite being proper [message #1256865] Tue, 25 February 2014 22:09 Go to next message
Erika Redmark is currently offline Erika RedmarkFriend
I have a 16x16 icon I wish to use for org.eclipse.ui.newWizards. I am on Eclipse Indigo but this plugin is targeted at Eclipse Helios and up. I have this odd behaviour where I choose the icon, and it does indeed display in the extensions view, but when the application runs the icon is not displayed in the New->(My File Type) view.
What's odd is this very same icon is used in org.eclipse.ui.editors. It works perfectly fine there. The folder the icon resides in is part of my build.properties->bin.includes (a folder named images). The very, very same image that is not appearing in the wizard appears fine in the editor. I have been trying to find a solution online and I either only find tutorials that say to do what I am already doing, or two places where someone had a similar issue to me, but the issue was never resolved:

http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/166957/

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6011139/how-can-i-specify-the-icon-for-a-new-wizard-in-eclipse/

Is there anything special about org.eclipse.ui.newWizards in particular, like any additional work I must do, in order to get it to render the icon? Because I can confirm the icon is working in other places (specifically org.eclipse.ui.editors) and that the folder containing my icon is part of bin.includes and has been tested in a deployment to other Eclipse based IDEs.
Re: Icon not appearing for 'new file' wizard despite being proper [message #1266704 is a reply to message #1256865] Fri, 07 March 2014 21:24 Go to previous message
Erika Redmark is currently offline Erika RedmarkFriend
I figured out the solution; basically, my plugin id was com.<company-name>.projectgeneration, whereas my extension point id was com.<company-name>.<somethingelse>.projectgen.specificWizard. AbstractUIPlugin, method imageDescriptorFromPlugin(String pluginId, String imageFilePath) was given com.<company-name>.<somethingelse>.projectgen as the bundle name.

Basically, I changed the id of my extension points to properly use the plugin id itself as a prefix so the bundle would properly load, and now the image is working.
Previous Topic:Reuse the existing IWorkbenchActionDelegate instance
Next Topic:persist state of navigation history on re opening of tool
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:52:15 GMT 2024