Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » StackRenderer - Question/Issue(Multiple toolbars are being rendered for View Toolbar after dragging part)
StackRenderer - Question/Issue [message #1256610] Tue, 25 February 2014 16:04 Go to next message
Sean Ruff is currently offline Sean RuffFriend
RCP Application/Eclipse SDK 4.3.1

I am having an issue when dragging a Part to a different position within the same PartStack. Once the part is dropped to the new position, the view's toolbar contains toolbar items from 1+ of the other parts in the same PartStack. Once this happens every part withing that PartStack (which has a toolbar) will have their toolbar rendered incorrectly (extra toolbar items from another part).

After some initial debugging I was able to determine this is happening because after the drag/drop there are multiple toolbars associated with the CTabFolder's TOP_RIGHT composite. Whereas in the StackRenderer the "clearTR(CTabFolder)" will only hide the first matching toolbar, meaning the other toolbars are left visible.

I have found a workaround by providing my own StackRenderer which hides all toolbars from the clearTR call, but I would prfer not to have this. Also, I've updated to the latest stable (4.3.1) without resolution.

So my question is:

1) Is this a known issue (I've searched the forums and bugs without anything which seems to match)?
2) Should there ever only be 1 toolbar associated with the (TOP_RIGHT) composite of a CTabFolder (which has MToolbar 'OWNING_ME' data) ?
3) If yes to #2, any ideas how this could be happening or how to debug further?

Re: StackRenderer - Question/Issue [message #1264590 is a reply to message #1256610] Wed, 05 March 2014 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
You can file a bug for platform/ui on this so we can track it there. Here's the link: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Platform&component=UI
Re: StackRenderer - Question/Issue [message #1266606 is a reply to message #1264590] Fri, 07 March 2014 18:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Moffatt is currently offline Eric MoffattFriend

Sean, do you have any steps that can be used to show this in the regular eclipse IDE ? I've just tried a number of scenarios and cant' seem to end up in this state ??
Re: StackRenderer - Question/Issue [message #1266649 is a reply to message #1266606] Fri, 07 March 2014 19:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sean Ruff is currently offline Sean RuffFriend
Eric,

I have not been able to cause the issue with eclipse itself, but using e4tools I created a new E4 Application with sample parts (adding only the DND and CleanUp addons). Following the same procedures above (dragging part to another position in the same stack) the toolbar items are duplicated.

-sean
Re: StackRenderer - Question/Issue [message #1281026 is a reply to message #1256610] Mon, 31 March 2014 08:44 Go to previous message
ALex W is currently offline ALex WFriend
Hello,

I'm having the same issue with many elements :
- When dragged, view created from e4xmi fragments are created twice. In the original partstack and at the location where it was dragged.
- Menu items are created twice,

It happens on item created using a fragment.
I know there is a bug report already, but can't find it...

Edit : found it : https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=389663

[Updated on: Mon, 31 March 2014 08:46]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Prevent source tab from cloning on debug
Next Topic:Activator not called if plugin created by JAR
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:06:02 GMT 2024