Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » port icons in 0.10.2...(...can they be made invisible?)
port icons in 0.10.2... [message #1255355] Mon, 24 February 2014 11:00 Go to next message
Tomas Sandkvist is currently offline Tomas SandkvistFriend
After upgrading to 0.10.2 (still running under Eclipse SR1 though), I find that port icons seems impossible to hide? It was possible in 0.10.1 from the Appearance tab, but now when selecting the port the Element icon box is unchecked but the icon is displayed.

[EDIT] This also goes for Package elements
[EDIT 2] The icon for flow ports set to output looks like pointing inwards instead of outwards?

Regards,
Tomas Sandkvist

[Updated on: Mon, 24 February 2014 12:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: port icons in 0.10.2... [message #1255412 is a reply to message #1255355] Mon, 24 February 2014 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Tomas,

The Composite Structure diagram doesn't have any specific support for SysML icons, so the visual direction of the icon doesn't depend on the graphical position of the Port (Left to right for "In", Right to left for "Out"). SysML IBD diagram properly supports icons.

For hiding the icons, there are two things:

- The port icon displayed next to the label: select the Label, go to the appearance tab, and uncheck "Element icon"
- The flowport icon displayed on the port: select the port, go to the appearance tab, and select "Text" instead of "Icon" or "Text and Icon" in the "Stereotype display" combo box

In Kepler SR2, we have extended the CSS Support to all labels and compartments, and the default Theme hasn't been properly updated, which is why the icon may appear on some labels (Ports, Associations...). This is a bug (although a minor one)

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: port icons in 0.10.2... [message #1255439 is a reply to message #1255412] Mon, 24 February 2014 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Camille!

Ok, then I understand, it is the CSS bug that affects me. Is there any documentation of this extended support that I could use to temporary get rid of the icons until the template is updated? Like making a custom fix?

Regards,
Tomas
Re: port icons in 0.10.2... [message #1255523 is a reply to message #1255439] Mon, 24 February 2014 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi,

The easiest solution is to switch back to the "Black & White" CSS Theme in the preferences, because it is the "Papyrus Theme" which introduces the bug; but then, you'll lose all colors.

Otherwise, you need to patch the Papyrus Theme (Which means import the *.css.theme plug-in, patch the CSS file, then re-deploy the plug-in). You can add the following lines:

Label { /* Floatting labels */
    elementIcon: false;
}

Or, of course, you can wait for the official patch to be released, during this week Smile

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: port icons in 0.10.2... [message #1255637 is a reply to message #1255523] Mon, 24 February 2014 17:05 Go to previous message
Hi Camille!

Hmm, difficult choice... But since I have no idea how to make a patch, I'll hang on a couple of days, happy to see you guys are on the case! Razz

Regards,
Tomas
Previous Topic:'Add all related elements' option?
Next Topic:The dangers of having the nightly build update site available...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:28:01 GMT 2024