Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » Infinite redirection when enabling container security(Infinite redirection when enabling container security)
Infinite redirection when enabling container security [message #1254499] Sun, 23 February 2014 13:04 Go to next message
Mark Albert is currently offline Mark AlbertFriend
Hello, i am using Hudson 3.1.2 inside a Tomcat 7.0.27 on OpenSUSE 12.2 and I dont get the delegate security to container feature to work. As soon as I enable it i get infinitely redirected. Restarting tomcat and reloading the hudson webapp don't help. As soon as I go to the hudson url, I still get redirected. I recovered from this error by deleting the security.xml file from the .hudson directory. Everything else works fine. Any help on this would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance or your time.
Re: Infinite redirection when enabling container security [message #1256824 is a reply to message #1254499] Tue, 25 February 2014 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Winston Prakash is currently offline Winston PrakashFriend
Hi Can you give more details on how you set up the container Authentication realm, so that we can try to reproduce on our end.

Winston Prakash
Eclipse Hudson team
Re: Infinite redirection when enabling container security [message #1257227 is a reply to message #1256824] Wed, 26 February 2014 07:31 Go to previous message
Mark Albert is currently offline Mark AlbertFriend
The Tomcat realm looks like this:
<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.LockOutRealm">
	<Realm className="[MyDomain].PgRealm"
		driverName="org.postgresql.Driver"
		connectionURL="jdbc:postgresql:WebUIUserDB"
		connectionName="tomcat"
		connectionPassword="....."
		userTable="UserTable"
		digest="SHA"
		userNameCol="Name"
		userCredCol="PasswordTomcat"
		userRoleTable="Roles"
		roleNameCol="RoleName"/>
</Realm>

I am using a costum realm implementation. It is basically the same as the DatabaseRealm but puts the table- and column names that are used in the query in double quotes. I couldn't get the Database realm that is part of the tomcat distribution to work with Postgres since postgres seems to require tablenames to be quoted which the standart implementation does not do.
I am using the Tomcat manager and host-manager webapps as well as some other third party web-applications on the same tomcat, also secured by the same realm. I don't have any issues there. I don't think that this is the source of the error.

Also I didn't mention that I am using Apache 2.2 and mod_proxy as reverse proxy.
<VirtualHost *:443>
	Redirect /hudson https://[MyDomain]/hudson-3.1.2
	ProxyPass /hudson-3.1.2 ajp://localhost:8009/hudson-3.1.2
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost *:80>
	Redirect /hudson https://[MyDomain]/hudson-3.1.2
	Redirect /hudson-3.1.2 https://[MyDomain]/hudson-3.1.2
</VirtualHost>

I also use a similar configuration to reverse-proxy the manager and host-manager webapps as well as gitblit and pgstudio. I dont't have any problem with that.
Also the problem with hudson only starts when I enable the container-authentication. It works perfectly fine when I choose no-authentication or hudson intern user-database. However, I'm not sure if it supposed to be that way, but when I use internal-user-database I don't get redirected to the login page, instead my web-browser asks me to authenticate with the output "hudson". I used a standalone hudson some time ago and if I recall correctly it asked to authenticate by presenting a html login dialog instead. I'm not sure if this is somehow related.
Thanks again for your time.
Previous Topic:parameterized-trigger
Next Topic:Last Success Version/Last Failure Version sorting
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 03:27:14 GMT 2024