Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Exception when using application editor for RCP app.
Exception when using application editor for RCP app. [message #1253828] Sat, 22 February 2014 18:57 Go to next message
Steven Parry is currently offline Steven ParryFriend
Hello
I'm new to e4 development. I've been trying to just create the most basic of apps, using the basic tutorial. I can create one fine, and run it. However, when i try to browse the Application.e4xmi file using the editor, and click on "Windows and Dialogs" - i get:
An error has occurred. See error log for more details.
UI_LABEL__LOCALIZED_LABEL

The stack trace is below. I'm using the latest version of the e4 tools on Eclipse 4.4 running jdk 8, but i've tried all sorts of combos, and i always get the same error. Does anyone know what's going on and how to fix?

Thanks!

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface 4 2 2014-02-22 13:55:21.598
!MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.jface".
!STACK 0
java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: UI_LABEL__LOCALIZED_LABEL
at org.eclipse.e4.tools.emf.ui.internal.common.component.ControlFactory.getLocalizedLabel(ControlFactory.java:825)
at org.eclipse.e4.tools.emf.ui.common.component.AbstractComponentEditor.getLocalizedLabel(AbstractComponentEditor.java:168)
at org.eclipse.e4.tools.emf.ui.internal.common.component.WindowEditor.getDetailLabel(WindowEditor.java:410)
at org.eclipse.e4.tools.emf.ui.internal.common.ComponentLabelProvider.update(ComponentLabelProvider.java:77)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.ViewerColumn.refresh(ViewerColumn.java:152)
Re: Exception when using application editor for RCP app. [message #1254364 is a reply to message #1253828] Sun, 23 February 2014 09:29 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Latest platform build with latest tools should be fine: http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops4/I20140218-0800/ with http://download.eclipse.org/e4/downloads/drops/I20140222-2200/index.html
Previous Topic:JFace databinding issues after migration
Next Topic:Unable to Invoke Live Model Editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:22:51 GMT 2024