Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Target Management » navigate file subsystem with command line(file subsystem)
icon5.gif  navigate file subsystem with command line [message #1251825] Thu, 20 February 2014 16:38 Go to next message
danny li is currently offline danny liFriend
i enjoy the visual presentation of the file system for the remote host,but navigating it on a small screen is a pain. Do i have the option to use command line to navigate through the file system (with ui updating at the same time kind of like the goto command on the mac and directly type in your location in the windows explorer)?

[Updated on: Thu, 20 February 2014 18:33] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: navigate file subsystem with command line [message #1257613 is a reply to message #1251825] Wed, 26 February 2014 16:25 Go to previous message
David McKnight is currently offline David McKnightFriend
I'm not sure whether this helps but you could use the Remote Shell to some extent for navigate the file system. The shell supports content assist (i.e. so you can cd to directories faster) and the parsing of various ls commands (i.e. ls -) so that you can open files in an editor directly via double-clicking in the shell. Does that help?

danny li wrote on Thu, 20 February 2014 11:38
i enjoy the visual presentation of the file system for the remote host,but navigating it on a small screen is a pain. Do i have the option to use command line to navigate through the file system (with ui updating at the same time kind of like the goto command on the mac and directly type in your location in the windows explorer)?

Previous Topic:Viewing Local Filesystem in RSE
Next Topic:Can't build Java project that uses linked source folder
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 13:47:36 GMT 2024