Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » JavaServer Faces » JSF Web Page Editor Preview Problem
JSF Web Page Editor Preview Problem [message #1251356] Thu, 20 February 2014 05:57 Go to next message
Paul Ericson is currently offline Paul EricsonFriend
I installed JSF Web Page Editor and when I go to the Preview pane, the borders on the text input fields are huge! like 50px. This is not coming from my HTML code.

I do have code like this:

<h2 class="header">Details</h2>

<fieldset>
<div class="fields">
<div class="field">

But I don't have the CSS files in Eclipse, so I'm wondering what the renderer does when a CSS is missing? (Explode the borders?)
Re: JSF Web Page Editor Preview Problem [message #1251931 is a reply to message #1251356] Thu, 20 February 2014 19:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ian Trimble is currently offline Ian TrimbleFriend
Rendering in the Web Page Editor is far from perfect, and hasn't been worked on in years. I don't think it knows what to do with the fieldset element at all, which may be part of the trouble. Also, nested divs may be causing additive padding. You could diagnose somewhat by putting a border on divs and such using CSS, if you cared to dig deeper. Please feel free to log a bug against the JSF component with as much detail as you have - also, quality patches are always welcome.

- Ian
Re: JSF Web Page Editor Preview Problem [message #1252703 is a reply to message #1251931] Fri, 21 February 2014 14:04 Go to previous message
Paul Ericson is currently offline Paul EricsonFriend
Ian,

Thanks for the help.

I think it's a linux library issue since I don't see the problem on my Mac or even all linux instances.

If I can track down the responsible library I'll post it back here.

Thank again.
Previous Topic:mustache.js templates
Next Topic:Eclipse JSF Tutorial Not working
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:07:00 GMT 2024