Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » [Closed - no solution] Perspective not stored in preferences during export
[Closed - no solution] Perspective not stored in preferences during export [message #1248721] Mon, 17 February 2014 15:40 Go to next message
asdf sdf is currently offline asdf sdfFriend
I'm trying to share perspectives between projects and thought the export functionality of the preferences (as described in the bug fix from 2006) would be a nice feature.

However, the perspectives are not included as already stated in this post.
Copying the information when switching workspaces is not a preferred option, as the transfer shall be available to multiple Systems via version control.

Any help is welcome...
Thanks!

Change: Closed topic

[Updated on: Tue, 18 February 2014 14:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Perspective not stored in preferences during export [message #1249703 is a reply to message #1248721] Tue, 18 February 2014 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asdf sdf is currently offline asdf sdfFriend
As there seems to be no obvious solution to the problem, I will live with putting workbench.xmi into version control.

Thanks for looking into it anyway.
Re: Perspective not stored in preferences during export [message #1251625 is a reply to message #1249703] Thu, 20 February 2014 12:20 Go to previous message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Perspectives are exported via the preferences. But when you change your perspective settings (views, ordering etc.) then you should not forget to save it
Windows->Save Perspective as..
I always overwrite the default perspectives.

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Previous Topic:Windows: printf output shown in eclipse, not in cmd
Next Topic:ECPG Preprocessor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:55:37 GMT 2024