Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » [SOLVED] Mouse shortcut "Step into selection" while debugging does not work on Windows
[SOLVED] Mouse shortcut "Step into selection" while debugging does not work on Windows [message #1246781] Sat, 15 February 2014 12:38 Go to next message
kon f is currently offline kon fFriend
Hey,

I recently recognized that the "Step into selection" mouse shortcut (Ctrl + Alt + left mouse click) does not work on Windows (Eclipse Kepler). I'm just able to use the corresponding keyboard shortcut (Ctr+F5). Has anyone else made the same experience on Windows? It this a bug? On my Linux machine that I use at home, it works perfect.

Thank you,

Kon

[Updated on: Thu, 22 May 2014 11:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Mouse shortcut "Step into selection" while debugging does not work on Windows [message #1260455 is a reply to message #1246781] Sat, 01 March 2014 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,

I made two screenshots showing the "step into selection" shortcut while debugging an application. I made them with my linux os. Can someone verify this? Is this a bug on windows?

index.php/fa/17609/0/

index.php/fa/17610/0/

Thank you!

Kon

[Updated on: Wed, 05 March 2014 13:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Mouse shortcut "Step into selection" while debugging does not work on Windows [message #1373864 is a reply to message #1260455] Thu, 22 May 2014 11:04 Go to previous message
I noticed, that this shortcut works for coworkers on windows machines. So I had a further look at my machine and figured out that the tool win-x-move that lets me move any window by pressing alt and the left mouse button (similar to my linux distribution), somehow makes it impossible to use the "Step into selection" shortcut for Eclipse. It's pretty strange ... I remember that it used to work for some time Smile

Kon
Previous Topic: JFrame is not accessible due to restriction?
Next Topic:Local Classes and Local Non-Final Variables: Where was this in the patch notes?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 19:54:46 GMT 2024