Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Feature Patch for CDT plugins with Source Bundle
Feature Patch for CDT plugins with Source Bundle [message #1245985] Fri, 14 February 2014 14:57
Carmen Casaru is currently offline Carmen CasaruFriend
Hello,

I am using an Eclipse SDK 4.2.2 and I am looking for a way to provide a feature patch for the org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core plugin, containing the source bundle as well. I have imported the project as source, made the necessary modifications in the code and finally I have updated the plugin version from the MANIFEST.MF file.
I then created a feature patch with Feature ID org.eclipse.cdt.gnu.debug. Next I added in the feature.xml file, under the Plug-ins tab, the modified org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core project and proceeded with exporting it. I exported it as "Deployable feature" and I have set the following options:

- Export source: generate source bundles
- Package as individual JAR archives
- Generate metadata repository
- Categorize repository
- Allow for binary cycles in target platform

The repository was created and I was able to install the feature patch. The new patched plugin with the new version is now present, but when I try to include it, the binary project does not contain the source.jar file any more. Needless to say I cannot import is as source project.

Another thing that is worth mentioning is related to why I needed to change the plugin version. When using the original version, I was able to install the feature patch, but the old plugins were not updated (although eclipse saw the installation as successful).

Does anyone have any idea as how to solve this problem?

Thanks
Previous Topic:Logging changes into a file after synchronization
Next Topic:Indexer runs needlessly
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:22:30 GMT 2024