Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Logging changes into a file after synchronization(Logging changes into a file after synchronization)
Logging changes into a file after synchronization [message #1245266] Thu, 13 February 2014 14:51 Go to next message
phani j is currently offline phani jFriend
Hello,

In a C++ project,

After synchronization (in Team Synchronization view) with CVS, I can assign changes to change set and then commit them.

But when I open individual file (in the change set or otherwise i.e the files that are changes), a 'C Compare viewer' comes up with 'Local File' on left and 'latest CVS version' of the file on right.

Also on top under the name "Translation Unit", it shows what's been changed i.e which functions are added/deleted/modified etc; I would like to capture this information and log into a file in order to generate some documentation. I have seen the patch tool, but it gives based on the line number, however the tree view that comes under "Translation Unit" seems more sophisticated.

Please can some one point to me if there is any such plugin exists or if I want to write my own what will be the starting point.

Regards
Phani
Re: Logging changes into a file after synchronization [message #1245835 is a reply to message #1245266] Fri, 14 February 2014 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Did you try the Changelog plugin from LinuxTools project? http://www.eclipse.org/linuxtools/projectPages/changelog/

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: Logging changes into a file after synchronization [message #1245879 is a reply to message #1245835] Fri, 14 February 2014 11:51 Go to previous message
phani j is currently offline phani jFriend
Hello Axel,

Thanks for your reply, its close to what I am looking, but its at the file level changes, but I am looking in depth, which functions are added/modified/removed. Which headers files are added or which variable are added/modified/removed. Eclipse editor already does this in "Team synchronize" view, please find the picture attached, I just want to copy this changes into a log file.

index.php/fa/17476/0/
  • Attachment: snapshot1.png
    (Size: 32.95KB, Downloaded 243 times)
Previous Topic:CDT GCC Build Output Parser - paths
Next Topic:Feature Patch for CDT plugins with Source Bundle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:34:25 GMT 2024