Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Eclipse does not support simple makefile projects with GLib-2.0 dependencies(the title says it all)
Eclipse does not support simple makefile projects with GLib-2.0 dependencies [message #1244565] Wed, 12 February 2014 14:29 Go to next message
S V is currently offline S VFriend
I created a simple makefile project with a few .c and .h files in Eclipse, depending on glib-2.0.

Just running make from the shell creates the project 100% OK (!)

Additionally, I added includes obtained from pkg-config --cflags glib-2.0 to the IDE

However, when I am running "build project" from Eclipse, which just uses my correct makefile [see (!)] it produces errors saying that glib types like gchar, cannot be resolved.

I have all toolchains installed and read all beginners "howtos" and beyond.

(I do not mention that I also tried creating C-projects, with all options, --cflags and --libs honestly copied from working makefiles and pkg-config to Eclipse's appropriate "project properties" places. To no avail - there are hundreds of errors).

Eclipse is just brain-dead.

I am running Ubuntu 13.10, with latest gcc, autotools, pkg-config. Eclipse Version: 3.8.1 taken from Ubuntu's software repository (installing the latest version from the tarball produces a dead IDE, with all menues gray and non-clickable).

My makefile is as simple as (intentionally simplified, sacrificing effiency):

all:
libtool --mode=link gcc -Wall main1.c sqlite3.c -o s -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/include -lglib-2.0 -pthread -ldl

(main1.c includes sqlite3.h; sqlite3.c is the SQLite amalgamation)
Re: Eclipse does not support simple makefile projects with GLib-2.0 dependencies [message #1245243 is a reply to message #1244565] Thu, 13 February 2014 14:08 Go to previous message
S V is currently offline S VFriend
I am checking on Eclipse every once in a while (couple of years), and it's always half-baked, not good for any serious use. Just for small toy projects. Will safely Laughing wait another 2 years...
Previous Topic:Eclipse with C++ for beginning GUI projects?
Next Topic:How to read variable's value in DSF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 15:21:28 GMT 2024