Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Custom View Filter(I need view filters that are not present)
Custom View Filter [message #1244271] Wed, 12 February 2014 05:17 Go to next message
Justin Powell is currently offline Justin PowellFriend
I want to filter out (hide) certain types of resources in the project explorer view. However, the list of filters in "customize view" for the explorer does not have options to exclude all of the things I wish to exclude. Is there any way to create custom filters and put them in there?

My specific situation is that I am using the current CDT version of Kepler and want to hide everything but the source folders. Ideally, I would filter everything out then whitelist just source folders, but if there is a way to exclude just the binaries, includes and build output resources that would be sufficient probably.

After searching here and elsewhere, it seems that plugins determine the contents of that filter list. Is that correct?
If so, how much of a hassle is it to either modify the appropriate plugin, or write a new plugin to accomplish this?

Re: Custom View Filter [message #1244543 is a reply to message #1244271] Wed, 12 February 2014 13:46 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
When you customize the Project Explorer view there are two tabs, Filters and Content. Did you check if un-selecting items in the Content tab produces results that you want?
Another idea is to create a Working Set that includes just what you want to see and select that Working Set for Project Explorer.

It is certainly possible to create a plugin that provides a custom Filter for your own needs. It's among the simpler things to do in a plugin, but the process of learning to develop Eclipse plugins isn't trivial (though not terribly difficult, either). I'd try the other options before heading down that path; unless, of course, you just want to learn Eclipse plugin development to better yourself Smile
Previous Topic:Standalone Files in Eclipse
Next Topic:Text block substitution during build
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:22:10 GMT 2024