Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » to save state of application in e4 using save state in application work bench advisor(mine is rcp application.we override save state method for views where state of the view is stored in memento while workbench is shutting down.this works properly.now i want to save some data at applic)
to save state of application in e4 using save state in application work bench advisor [message #1243455] Tue, 11 February 2014 02:09 Go to next message
manu m is currently offline manu mFriend
No Message Body
Re: to save state of application in e4 using save state in application work bench advisor [message #1243736 is a reply to message #1243455] Tue, 11 February 2014 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Please fill in a message body.
Re: to save state of application in e4 using save state in application work bench advisor [message #1243904 is a reply to message #1243736] Tue, 11 February 2014 16:10 Go to previous message
manu m is currently offline manu mFriend
Basically i want to save state of an application.to save state of an editor or view
I use save state method. Which is overridden method of iviewpart.when the workbench shutsdown
This save state method of opened views are called with a object of imemento.
Now in this i memento i create user defined keys.
When the workbench is created again this memento i read it back and i save the view back to previous state
Now this i do for a view.

In the same way i wantto store some application data in imemento.
In application work bench advisor i have overriden save state and restore state but when i
Add debug points to these 2 functions the control does not come there
Iam using eclipse 4 and mine is rcp application.is it that e4 does not have application work bench advisor class?

But methods like prestartup preshut down of application work bench advisor are getting executed
What has to be done so that save and restore method gets called?
Is there any other way in eclipse 4 to store application level data?
Previous Topic:to migrate or not to migrate?
Next Topic:Workbench.xmi fails to load
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:43:30 GMT 2024