Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » own OSGI Service in Eclipse 4 Application
own OSGI Service in Eclipse 4 Application [message #1238217] Fri, 31 January 2014 17:52 Go to next message
Andreas Grund is currently offline Andreas GrundFriend
Hi,

I'm learning the ropes of the Eclipse 4 Platform. Therefor, I tried to implement my own Rss Feed Reader. I created three different projects:
- RssFeedReaderUi2 with the UI of my feed reader
- RssFeedReaderModel with the discription of my datamodell
- RssFeedReaderModelSimple with a simple implementation of my datamodel

The UI-Project knows the 2 otherones and the Model project knows the modelSimple project. But I made somewhere a mistake. I get the following stacktrace during startup of my program:
org.eclipse.e4.core.di.InjectionException: Unable to process "FeedViewPart.rssFeedModel": no actual value was found for the argument "RssFeedModel".
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.reportUnresolvedArgument(InjectorImpl.java:412)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.resolveRequestorArgs(InjectorImpl.java:403)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.inject(InjectorImpl.java:108)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.internalMake(InjectorImpl.java:333)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.make(InjectorImpl.java:254)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.make(ContextInjectionFactory.java:162)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.createFromBundle(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:102)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.doCreate(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:71)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.create(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:53)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.ContributedPartRenderer.createWidget(ContributedPartRenderer.java:129)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.createWidget(PartRenderingEngine.java:949)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.safeCreateGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:633)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.safeCreateGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:735)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.access$2(PartRenderingEngine.java:706)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$7.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:700)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.createGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:685)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.SWTPartRenderer.processContents(SWTPartRenderer.java:61)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.WBWRenderer.processContents(WBWRenderer.java:676)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.safeCreateGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:645)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.safeCreateGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:735)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.access$2(PartRenderingEngine.java:706)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$7.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:700)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.createGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:685)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1038)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:997)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:138)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application.start(E4Application.java:162)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:354)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:181)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:636)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:591)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1450)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1426)

So it seems, that eclipse cannot find my modell. But why? I created a component-description within the OSGI-INF directory of the RssFeedReaderModelSimple project. Also I exported the package in the Model and ModellSimple project. Additionally, I add a dependency to both projects in the plugin.xml and product-file of my UI-project. I cleared my workspace before starting my programm. Can somone help me? I attach the three project as a zip-File to this post.
This post is copied from the newcomer forum, because I got the hint, that it may be better to ask here. Smile

Thanks for help and kind regards,
Andreas
Re: own OSGI Service in Eclipse 4 Application [message #1238222 is a reply to message #1238217] Fri, 31 January 2014 18:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andreas Grund is currently offline Andreas GrundFriend
Hi,

I found a first mistake. I forget to mark my Model-Implementation class with @Creatable. The application starts now without error, but the databinding does not work. So i still need help.

Thanks and kind regards,
Andreas
Re: own OSGI Service in Eclipse 4 Application [message #1239064 is a reply to message #1238222] Mon, 03 February 2014 09:02 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Is your bundle marked for lazy loading?
Previous Topic:NoSuchFieldError: LOCALIZABLE___UPDATE_LOCALIZATION on Eclipse 4 model editor
Next Topic:Close application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:34:35 GMT 2024